All time shows: Blue Devils

It's week 18 and what better corps to honor than the one with an unprecedented 18 championship titles.  On an ironic but unrelated note it's Superbowl week and the Patriots are in it again :bluedevil:

What are your top 1-5 Blue Devils shows?

(Optional) What are your 1-3 least favorites from them?

You can go into as much or little detail as you like but please please try to keep things positive.

For a quick recap in case you missed it and/or want to add your contributions:

Week 1- Cavies- 2006 the Machine is the favorite and 2012 15 min of fame is the least favorite.

Week 2- Jersey Surf- 2012 Bridgemania favorite

Week 3- Blue Knights-1994 Trittico for bras band favorite. least  2001Blue Toons

Week 4- Spirit of Atlanta- 1980 favorite

Week 5- Carolina Crown- Favorite: 2015 Inferno; Least Favorite: 2017 ...It is

Week 6- The Mandarins- 2017 inside the ink for favorite.

Week 7- Boston Crusaders- 2000 RED is the favorite.

Week 8- Pioneer- 1996 Celtic Twilight is the favorite.

Week 9- Santa Clara Vanguard- 1999 Inventions for a New Millennium favorite. 1995 Not the Nutcracker least favorite.

Week 10- Oregon Crusaders 2014 Nevermore is the favorite

Week 11- The Crossmen- 1992 Songs for the Planet Earth is the favorite.

Week 12- The Cadets- 2011 Between Angels and Demons is the favorite. 2006 The Zone Part II least favorite.

Week 13 Corrps that are no longer with us. Every show is a winner!

Week 14 Genesis TIE 2016 Hell Hath No Fury and 2017 the other side of now.   Music City 2017 the tribe

Week 15 Madison Scouts- 1995 A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: A Day in the Life of a Bull Fighter. Least Favorite 2009 Relampago

Week 16- The Academy- favorite 2016 Drum Corpse Bride

Week 17- Seattle Cascades- favorite 2002 City Riffs

For me

1976- this is the show of shows. Chuck Mangione and the jazz staple Channel One Suite.  Great brass, marching timps, good visuals considering the time. Just a great, fun show all around and by far my favorite BD show. Besides it's the show that started the dynasty.

2017-  Metamorph-I love the way they entered the field and thoroughly enjoyed the jazz ballad and trumpet feature. I feel like this is a new direction for them and I really like it.

2009- 1930. In 2009 the blue devils knew they had it and it wasn't even close. Their confidence as they performed at finals was radiant and they put on a high energy really fun show without going over the top.

1999- okay. I just really enjoyed the variety of percussion. This show is just really unique and different and fun to listen to.

I want to put a show from the 80s in here but I haven't decided which one yet.

Least favorites:

2004- summer train blues mix. I love summer. I love blues. I really enjoy Ghost Train and Take the A Train. I cannot handle this show. Nope. Not for me.

2012 Cabaret Voltaire- I think this show does an excellent job demonstrating it's intended purpose but that doesn't mean I have to like it. 

1996 Club Blue: A Gangster Chronicle.  Too over the top.

1. 1993

2. 2003

3. 1992

4. 2005 (This show gets an unfair rep. Yes, the narration was cheesy, but imo the real headscratcher was designing the show to be backwards. All of that aside, the music selection was fantastic, and I prefer it to most other shows I've seen)

5. 1995

44 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Imma have fun with this one

Edited by ThePlanets

faves....hmmmm

94...yeah this is the all time

least fave is easy

honorable mention 89 semis

I'm getting way too many 500 server errors lately. I can't post my list.

'88 and '85 come to mind though.

Top 5 favorites....

1.  1988

2.  2002

3.  1980

4.  1986

5.  1989

Least favorites......

2010, 2012