Trivia....again!

1. What corps, who made DCI finals, only competed in 18 shows all season long?

2. These 2 corps were within a point of making DCI finals in 1975? (No Googling!)

3. First All Girl corps to compete in DCI finals?

4. Highest placing All Girl corps ? (1972 -1974)

1.  I think 2000 BD only competed 15 times. 

2. Squires and Precisionaires. I remember the Precisionaires because through out the season they were getting beat by the Vagabonds, Argonne and Pioneer. And then they ended up 14th place. 

3. Capitolaires

4. Bon Bons

Edited by DAvery

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. #2 is Squires and Precisionnaires.   #4 St. Ignatius. 73.8 #3 would have to be the first corps to go on in the all girl category in 1974?hmmm.....Jeanettes.....or Mello Dears...or Ventures...St.Johns Girls!

4 minutes ago, redhowes said:

Ok. #2 is Squires and Precisionnaires.   #4 St. Ignatius. 73.8 #3 would have to be the first corps to go on in the all girl category in 1974?hmmm.....Jeanettes.....or Mello Dears...or Ventures...St.Johns Girls!

Ah fudge!

1.  There were a number of corps in the first few years of DCI who made finals while doing about 18 competitive appearances season-long, but my data may not be complete.  I can vouch for Blue Devils in the years they toured Europe, though.  In 2005, they did 18 contests.  In 2000, only 16.  (Troopers also made finals in 1981 with 17 contests, by my count.)

2.  Without peeking, I would guess Squires and Precisionnaires... think they were both within a point.

3.  No all-girl corps has competed in "the" DCI finals, so you must be referring to the finals of the all-girl class, which began in 1975.  First corps to compete that evening was the Saugus Socialites.

4.  Highest placing all-girl corps in the early years was Audubon (23rd in 1973).  Ventures would nudge that mark up to 20th in 1990.