Which 2017 show have you listened to/watched over and over

16 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

You’ve all had time to play the 2017 audio and video recordings a couple dozen times - what is your go to show? Which one have you listened to most?

Me? Has to be the Blue Stars show... can’t put my finger on why, just love the book. 

Blue Stars for me as well. I did not pay much attention to the show during the season. But I’ve noticed that it is the most appealing show to listen to of the top 12 for one reason: the show is predominantly acoustic. They have the least synth bass of any corps, so listening to the recording doesn’t strain your ears like most other corps. (I listen to the lossless audio files through a DAC and headphone amp with a pair of Sennheiser HD6XX reference headphones. Anything weird in the recordings is very obvious, and synth-heavy shows are riddled with pops and snaps of amplifiers that the on-field microphones pick up. The Blue Stars recording is very clean.)

It also helps that the music and arrangements are just darn good too. 

• Like 1

After Blue Stars, I also listen to:

Blue Knights

Crossmen

Mandarins

occasionaly Boston

...and that’s about it really. Try as I might, I still can’t make it through BD’s show; it’s so incredibly dull that my attention drifts without fail. Same can be said for SCV to some extent. Overall, I find that 2017 was an extremely lackluster year in regards to re-listening, and I find myself switching to 2014 and 2015 instead. 

BD by a large margin. Fantastic show.

The Cavaliers

Blue Knights

Crown for a change. Love the part right before the ballad and everything after it.

Phantom occasionally

Crown, Academy, Colts, and Blue Knights. 

Boston - kick a##, well-paced

Crown - it grew on me because it stood out... the brass was so pure, and the musical risks shook things up

Cadets - wish I could splice the first half of the show (all brass opener), early in the season, to the ending, later in the season

Mandarins - while there was a lot of greatness on the west coast, they're the only ones that truly hooked me

Jersey Surf - these kids rocked Basia's music on the field.  Loved it

Crossmen - lots of hummable stuff

Blue Stars - agree with previous posters re: the quality of how their show was engineered (and performed)

Blue Devils the most. The music book = LOVE!

I do love watching Crown's opening 3 minutes or so, SCV's last 4 minutes or so is sheer amazement, and Bluecoats music in the opener and closer is a thrill. 

• Like 2