All time shows: Blue Stars

From the red team to one of the 4 top 12 corps with blue in their name...this week we are headed to chilly Wisconsin to discuss a corps with an extremely interesting history: The Blue Stars.

What are your top 1-5 Blue Stars shows?

(Optional) What are your 1-3 least favorites from them?

You can go into as much or little detail as you like but please please try to keep things positive.

For a quick recap in case you missed it and/or want to add your contributions:

Week 1- Cavies- 2006 the Machine is the favorite and 2012 15 min of fame is the least favorite.

Week 2- Jersey Surf- 2012 Bridgemania favorite

Week 3- Blue Knights-1994 Trittico for bras band favorite. least  2001Blue Toons

Week 4- Spirit of Atlanta- 1980 favorite

Week 5- Carolina Crown- Favorite: 2015 Inferno; Least Favorite: 2017 ...It is

Week 6- The Mandarins- 2017 inside the ink for favorite.

Week 7- Boston Crusaders- 2000 RED is the favorite.

Week 8- Pioneer- 1996 Celtic Twilight is the favorite.

Week 9- Santa Clara Vanguard- 1999 Inventions for a New Millennium favorite. 1995 Not the Nutcracker least favorite.

Week 10- Oregon Crusaders 2014 Nevermore is the favorite

Week 11- The Crossmen- 1992 Songs for the Planet Earth is the favorite.

Week 12- The Cadets- 2011 Between Angels and Demons is the favorite. 2006 The Zone Part II least favorite.

Week 13 Corrps that are no longer with us. Every show is a winner!

Week 14 Genesis TIE 2016 Hell Hath No Fury and 2017 the other side of now.   Music City 2017 the tribe

Week 15 Madison Scouts- 1995 A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: A Day in the Life of a Bull Fighter. Least Favorite 2009 Relampago

Week 16- The Academy- favorite 2016 Drum Corpse Bride

Week 17- Seattle Cascades- favorite 2002 City Riffs

Week 18- The Blue Devils Favorite 1986. Least Favorite-2010 through a glass darkly

Week 19- The Colts- Favorite 2007 Equinox

• Like 1

Favorite

2010- Houdini show was fantastic!!!

Least

2017- The arrangements just didn't do it for me.

• Like 1

FAVORITES:

1. 2010 - Houdini (these top 2 are very close for me, but 2010 was more intense & performed better)
  2. 2009 - The Factory (but this show was much more emotional and really pulls you in)
    (big gap)
  3. 2008 - Le Tour
  4. 2016 - Le Reve
  5. 2012 - The Blue World

LEAST FAVORITE:

1. 2017 - Star Crossed (incredibly uneven, started off great with R&J, the Gatsby section was ok but nothing special, but the Moulin Rouge section was an abomination - I've never seen a show start so strongly and then just go downhill the entire time to an absolutely horrifying mess of an ending)

33 minutes ago, PRphan72 said:

LEAST FAVORITE:

1. 2017 - Star Crossed (incredibly uneven, started off great with R&J, the Gatsby section was ok but nothing special, but the Moulin Rouge section was an abomination - I've never seen a show start so strongly and then just go downhill the entire time to an absolutely horrifying mess of an ending)

A great description of how the show/storyline progressed (or seemingly didn't).  Also, I had a hard time with the Gatsby section, as I would have liked to hear some early 20th century jazz in that section of the show.  

Favs

2009 - The Factory

2010 - Houdini

Least

2015 - Sideshow (Stock Marching Band show as if they bought it from a shop.)