What you want for 2018

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh i hear ya. i'm all for the pit, but people have had enough of the lies

Have they had enough? They cheered for Cavies and SCV to move up in the standings while both brass lines were taking it easy. The fans and the judges both aren't discerning enough in this category.

enough fans ##### and got louder after the mic'd brass concerns last year

On 2/14/2018 at 6:31 AM, Fred Windish said:

I'd have to say, more restraint on electronic Bass. That fake bottom level really destroys the experience for me.

I could not agree more.  The measure of a corps should NOT be how many sub-woofers they can afford to string in front of the pit.  

I took special notice of this last year and it wasn't even close.  I'll give your three guesses which corps win in this regard.  Not saying I didn't also love their shows - but it is just getting out of control.

Edited by luv4corps

Maybe DCI would experiment at one of the outdoor/indoor stadiums that have the attachment hardware set up, they would use the overhead camera that's attached to cables.  Much quieter than a drone and able to get much closer to "the action" than a drone.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Maybe DCI would experiment at one of the outdoor/indoor stadiums that have the attachment hardware set up, they would use the overhead camera that's attached to cables.  Much quieter than a drone and able to get much closer to "the action" than a drone.

I like that idea, but the issue is it may be distracting to those watching from the top.

3 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

I like that idea, but the issue is it may be distracting to those watching from the top.

For DCI, one would think the majority of the shots set up would be high.  During a pit/percussion/brass soloist/guard moment they get in closer, but those cameras must have zoom capabilities so they can stay back a little.  Fans would adapt quickly to its use.  Flo would have a chance to be involved also.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:05 AM, Ghost said:

For DCI, one would think the majority of the shots set up would be high.  During a pit/percussion/brass soloist/guard moment they get in closer, but those cameras must have zoom capabilities so they can stay back a little.  Fans would adapt quickly to its use.  Flo would have a chance to be involved also.

Very true.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Ghost said:

And we need this why?  What "action" do I need to be so close to?  I like seeing the full field especially with corps that layer and integrate many sections and voices.  I don't have a need to have the inside looks.  Too much could be missed imo.

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

And we need this why?  What "action" do I need to be so close to?  I like seeing the full field especially with corps that layer and integrate many sections and voices.  I don't have a need to have the inside looks.  Too much could be missed imo.

Agreed.  IMO, multicam is too often TOO multicam - a barrage of quick cut views and lingering too long on closeup shots - that detracts from getting a good feel of the show.  I'm not against multicam at all.  I guess what I'd like to see is a THOROUGH job scouting the shows during the entire season to plan the shot sequence/camera angles for each corps come Championship Week so we're not cutting to a closeup just as a big drill move/hit happens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gak27 said:

Agreed.  IMO, multicam is too often TOO multicam - a barrage of quick cut views and lingering too long on closeup shots - that detracts from getting a good feel of the show.  I'm not against multicam at all.  I guess what I'd like to see is a THOROUGH job scouting the shows during the entire season to plan the shot sequence/camera angles for each corps come Championship Week so we're not cutting to a closeup just as a big drill move/hit happens.

yet changes happen right up to the end, so scouting is not always accurate