Would this site work better without the year-long topics?

glory

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

C'mon sure ya do. Something like - narration:  always a train wreck or the way to the future?  Or - DCI Mt. Rushmore:  what four faces would you choose and why? 

Jim Jones, Gail Royer, George Zingali, Sandra Opie. 

Now back to our regularly-scheduled non-topic.  :tongue:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, glory said:

I fear this is what it's becoming. And I blame opaque threads that obscure what's inside. 

it's been growing this way since Facebook and Twitter exploded. Same for pretty much most discussion boards for any topic. 

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Hey... that's my birthday!!!!  :8_laughing:

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Hey... that's my birthday!!!!  :8_laughing:

attention DCi judging conspiracy fans........it's Frans fault

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Jim Jones, Gail Royer, George Zingali, Sandra Opie. 

Now back to our regularly-scheduled non-topic.  :tongue:

I think Don Warren looks like he’d be a good fit for a Mount Rushmore depiction. George Bonfiglio too, after all he gave Zingali his start. Since Michael Boo can settle all our disputes, he should be depicted. 

17 hours ago, glory said:

I and others are saying we don't like hunting for discussions of interest within long, meandering threads. We're saying it's better for all if the discussions happen in finite threads with defined topics. 

Oh.  To that, I agree.

At the same time, though, I also think it is nice to have a year-long thread track news on repertoire, camp reports, practice site locations and other things that fans of that specific corps look for.  Therefore, it is up to us to make separate threads for discussion-worthy topics.  If a random act of forum discussion breaks out in a thousand-page year-long thread, we should ask moderators to split that discussion out into a separate thread with a title that describes its topic.

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I think Don Warren looks like he’d be a good fit for a Mount Rushmore depiction. George Bonfiglio too, after all he gave Zingali his start. Since Michael Boo can settle all our disputes, he should be depicted. 

It was a tossup for me between Don Warren and Sandra Opie.

I picked Sandra because of her role as the leader of what, arguably, was DCI's best brass program in the early days of the organization, and a model/template for many brass programs to come. 

Of course, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  :tongue: So I am one reason why the OP might have a point here.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

It was a tossup for me between Don Warren and Sandra Opie.

I picked Sandra because of her role as the leader of what, arguably, was DCI's best brass program in the early days of the organization, and a model/template for many brass programs to come. 

Of course, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  :tongue: So I am one reason why the OP might have a point here.  LOL.

how dare you go off topic on a thread about threads going off topic

1 minute ago, glory said:

Correction. You can't go off topic in a thread that's about everything. That's the problem.

the word everything isn't in the thread title :spitting: