Would this site work better without the year-long topics?

glory

41 minutes ago, glory said:

Correction. You can't go off topic in a thread that's about everything. That's the problem.

The exact opposite of Seinfeld... a show about nothing.  :8_laughing:

• Like 1

i like the yearlong threads.

i would get the 10-15 crazies on here mixed up when we had 5-6 threads on BD, and 5-6 on Cadets, etc. 

when the yearlong threads started a few years back, the crazies got herded into one or two spots, and it made it easy to keep track of who to put on ignore. 

if anything, it has improved my experience on here. lots of great input from good people.  when i click on a page for the cadets 2018, for example, and it's 90% people on my ignore list, i don't feel like i'm missing anything at all. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lance said:

i like the yearlong threads.

i would get the 10-15 crazies on here mixed up when we had 5-6 threads on BD, and 5-6 on Cadets, etc. 

when the yearlong threads started a few years back, the crazies got herded into one or two spots, and it made it easy to keep track of who to put on ignore. 

if anything, it has improved my experience on here. lots of great input from good people.  when i click on a page for the cadets 2018, for example, and it's 90% people on my ignore list, i don't feel like i'm missing anything at all. 

and we crazies love you too ( providing you see this)

47 minutes ago, Lance said:

when i click on a page for the cadets 2018, for example, and it's 90% people on my ignore list, i don't feel like i'm missing anything at all. 

He's not joking.  My Ignore List shot into double digits over the least 15 months of the Cadets thread.   I just wish others would quit quoting them.

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

He's not joking.  My Ignore List shot into double digits over the least 15 months of the Cadets thread.   I just wish others would quit quoting them.

lol, not every page is 90% blocked for me, but when a few people really get going in ANY of the threads, it can definitely get like that from time to time

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

i dont have an ignore list. i just ignore

If nothing else, this OP seems to have assisted (at least temporarily) in the white noise of the Cadets thread.

The Cadets thread would be 95% shorter if there was another dedicated trolling George Hopkins.