Would this site work better without the year-long topics?

glory

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Yea, me, too.  SMH and roll my eyes.  And I'm sure other do the same with me.  No biggie - it's just band.

how dare you use that B word. Why back in my day.....LOL

On the first online forum where I ever participated (a Lord of the Rings site founded a couple years before DCP, I think), there is no "bumping": you can reply to topics as long as you like, but most people won't see what you're saying after it's fallen from the first page. That wouldn't work here, I don't think.

Look at what I just did.

There was a tidbit (a teeny one - hardly worth discussing at all) in a Boston Crusader update. I could have thrown my two cents into the Boston thread where it would have been lost to all those who aren't following Boston. Instead I wasted the time of nearly everyone else by creating a new thread to complain about. Isn't that better?

Posted this here for illustrative purposes only. No comment required. Definitely no complaints.

Edited by glory
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, glory said:

Look at what I just did.

There was a tidbit (a teeny one - hardly worth discussing at all) in a Boston Crusader update. I could have thrown my two cents into the Boston thread where it would have been lost to all those who aren't following Boston. Instead I wasted the time of nearly everyone else by creating a new thread to complain about. Isn't that better?

Posted this here for illustrative purposes only. No comment required. Definitely no complaints.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, glory said:

Look at what I just did.

I think the new thread for the independent subject is definitely the way to go in such a case.  Also,  the replies won't just be from angry Boston fans who take it personally.  

50 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

giphy.gif

From the background section of the patent:

As mentioned above, in providing for positive reinforcement with prior methods several techniques have been utilized. Most frequently, one who is in need of congratulations or encouragement often tells friends or work associates of his or her feelings and solicits a needed-pat-on-the-back. In the absence of other persons or of persons either friendly or sensitive to one's needs the individual must resort to raising their arm and hand high into the air overhead and bending the arm at the elbow to allow the hand to gently strike the upper portion of the back. This places one in a somewhat uncomfortable posture and additionally lacks the placement of a pat in the most desired middle portion of the back.

Because these methods rely on others which may be psychologically hostile or on a rather contorted physical position it is desirable to have available a more favorable means for providing a pat-on-the-back.

Accordingly, the subject invention is directed toward an apparatus useful for providing a self-administered pat-on-the-back and makes available to the individual an enjoyable and fun-to-use piece of equipment which may be used for amusement and, in addition, for desired encouragement and which provides positive reinforcement of a type unavailable previously in the above described attitude adjustment devices.

5 hours ago, glory said:

Look at what I just did.

bravo!

Goold DCP, drama no matter what