Would this site work better without the year-long topics?

glory

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Any word yet what the estimate date is for this years slotting thread?

my money is on June 21st

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, glory said:

Jeff, are you saying we've optimized the site? Can't get any better? Or maybe you're saying the people here made it this way because they want it this way? Forget that there could be redundancy at some point in the future. Does what we have now feel right to you?

what i am saying is....there is no perfect solution. Posters will do what posters will do. The admin team has real jobs, so they don't sit here and monitor the place 24/7 like a Russian Bot factory. Odds are until someone reports something they don't even know. 

To me, it is what it is, I don't mind it. I don't personally think the wheel needs re-invented, and honestly, I'm not sure what to suggest to re-invent it. If it gets too confusing, people go away, then it's the same 30 of us all year round, not just the off season. I mean look at the DCP Facebook page....same #### put up time and time and time and time again. It's the nature of the beast.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Before or after the DCI Tour Premiere Show on the 21st?

i'm just giving the date LOL

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

...To me, it is what it is, I don't mind it. I don't personally think the wheel needs re-invented, and honestly, I'm not sure what to suggest to re-invent it. If it gets too confusing, people go away, then it's the same 30 of us all year round, not just the off season...

emphasis added

I fear this is what it's becoming. And I blame opaque threads that obscure what's inside. 

55 minutes ago, glory said:

Jeff, are you saying we've optimized the site? Can't get any better? Or maybe you're saying the people here made it this way because they want it this way? Forget that there could be redundancy at some point in the future. Does what we have now feel right to you?

So what solution are you proposing?  Make the mods shut down all the corps' season threads just because a few people don't like one of them?  How do you think that will go over with the fans of all those other corps? 

Or just make the mods shut down the Cadets' season thread?  How do you think that will go over with the Cadets fans, some of whom already feel they are unfairly regarded?  

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

So what solution are you proposing?  Make the mods shut down all the corps' season threads just because a few people don't like one of them?  How do you think that will go over with the fans of all those other corps? 

Or just make the mods shut down the Cadets' season thread?  How do you think that will go over with the Cadets fans, some of whom already feel they are unfairly regarded?  

I wasn't suggesting any more work for the moderators. In fact, I wasn't suggesting anything. 

I wanted to have a discussion. Are we happy with the way things are? Or would we like it better if we stopped perpetuating these comprehensive threads (by some miracle, if you must) and started breaking out our topics into more focused, finite discussions?

15 minutes ago, glory said:

By "we" I meant any and all of us, including me.

Do whatever you want, brah. It's a semi-free country. There isn't anything that can't be improved.  Start new threads. Please!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

my money is on June 21st

Hey... that's my birthday!!!!  :8_laughing:

• Like 1