Sign in to follow this  
CrownBariDad

2018 Southwind - The Guitarist

Southwind Drum & Bugle Corps is pleased to announce its show for the 2018 season, "The Guitarist." The production includes music by Arturo Sandoval, Robin Thicke, Laura Mvula with Snarky Puppy, and Arturo Márquez. "The Guitarist" follows the rising career of a street musician. The show starts with the hot licks of Arturo Márquez's "Danzón No. 2" as the Guitarist is first discovered. As he deals with his newfound fame, the show leads into an energetic and cacophonous mashup of "A Mis Abuelos" by Arturo Sandoval and Robin Thicke's "Everything I Can’t Have." The lush sounds of Snarky Puppy and Laura Mvula's "Sing to the Moon" depict an artistic period of self-doubt before the Guitarist finds his confidence again through a triumphant reprise of "Danzón No. 2."

Oh neat!  Southwind's return was so great to see last year and they sounded terrific. I hope the buzz got them a bunch of interested kids who want to make this show sparkle.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this.  I'm so interested to see Southwind's show this season because they were one of the most musical ensembles in Open Class last year.  Really rooting for them and hope that a lot of that great horn line is returning for 2018.

• Like 1

Hornline was on fire in January, and was definitely ahead of where we were in 2017! Lots of vets in ALL sections. 

• Like 2

From Southwind's FB page:

Don't Spend Summer At Home! Just a few slots left: Snare, mallets, bass, tuba, euphonium, and guard. Contact auditions@southwind.org for audition information. Next camp is April 27-29 at Robertsdale High School, Robertsdale, AL #DCIOpenClass #DCI2018 #SW2018