A Woman Marching for Madison: A member this time?

glory

She's a member. Watch the video they posted when they say that specifically as they introduce her.  I always thought the "featured performer" label was terrible in the past. Just a label to keep alumni happy.   I see this as step one to ease into allowing more females in the future which I hope happens!  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mj3004 said:

She's a member. Watch the video they posted when they say that specifically as they introduce her.  I always thought the "featured performer" label was terrible in the past. Just a label to keep alumni happy.   I see this as step one to ease into allowing more females in the future which I hope happens!  

I agree with you, particularly on the alumni comment. Back in 2005, the Scouts website had a forum, and it got very ugly, as often times conversations can get on social media, about the Carmen show. Granted, much of that dialogue changed to the positive after the 2005 show developed into the product it did.

Even now, in 2018, there are many on social media, particularly ones that have separate alumni pages that are up in arms about this announcement.

I will say this. If having Meghan in the corps will make the product better, and help the 2018 Madison Scouts to be a strong force in DCI, or at least move in that direction, then I am all for it.

As an alum, I am very traditional in my aspects of what the corps is, and should be, at the same time, times have also changed. I trust this staff and administration, and many I am sure will see that I do this to a fault, but if these types of changes help the Madison Scouts to grow and prosper, then I say bring on the changes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, glory said:

Here's my question. If she's a member as the announcement seems to indicate, why just one?

why just the girl in Carmen? she was in all year, paid dues. One offs arent always a bad thing

• Like 1

i said this on DCP the Facebook page, I'll say it here. if those in the Madison organization and alumni are ok with it, who cares? It's their family. It's like every so many years drama when Phantoms guard flips from coeds to Phantomettes. It's their corps, it's their call. Sit back and watch the show and like it or not like it for what it is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i said this on DCP the Facebook page, I'll say it here. if those in the Madison organization and alumni are ok with it, who cares? It's their family. It's like every so many years drama when Phantoms guard flips from coeds to Phantomettes. It's their corps, it's their call. Sit back and watch the show and like it or not like it for what it is.

Well thanks Mr. Buzzkillington. HH is trying to stir up something here and you come along all rational and logical..

Edited by HockeyDad

43 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well thanks Mr. Buzzkillington. HH is trying to stir up something here and you come along all rational and logical..

because the last thing we need on here for a battle of sexism views

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

because the last thing we need on here for a battle of sexism views

Yes. But I don't know if you can stop it. Between those wanting to play the victim and others virtue signaling, the vitriol is almost everywhere. 

• Like 1