Bill_VA

2018 DCI Eastern Classic Day 1 Mystery

I was looking at the lineup for the DCI Eastern Classic for Friday evening when I noticed one of the units was Calvacade of Bands, Harrisburg, PA.  I had to do a double take :dozingoff: to be sure I realized what I was reading.  So why are they listed?  Are they an opening or closing act for Friday?  Calvacade of Bands is usually an association, will this be a conglomerate of band performers under the Calvacade flag?  The world (at least the drum corps world) deserves to know!  :closedeyes:

8 hours ago, Bill_VA said:

I was looking at the lineup for the DCI Eastern Classic for Friday evening when I noticed one of the units was Calvacade of Bands, Harrisburg, PA.  I had to do a double take :dozingoff: to be sure I realized what I was reading.  So why are they listed?  Are they an opening or closing act for Friday?  Calvacade of Bands is usually an association, will this be a conglomerate of band performers under the Calvacade flag?  The world (at least the drum corps world) deserves to know!  :closedeyes:

CBA has an all star band that is participating in the Rose Bowl Parade, and did 2 years ago I believe, so this is an opportunity for that band to gather and perform in front of a crowd. 

as CBA is a strategic partner for DCI, as is TOB and some other circuits, it's a nice gesture. TOB has an All Star Band that does the Philly parade every year, but come August that group is more focused on the fall season ahead.

• Like 1

Well then, mystery solved!  Thanks Jeff Ream! :thumbs-up:

no problem! For a group that rehearses maybe 5/6 times they do a really good job!