All time shows: Bluecoats

8 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Me too! That's why I am only halfway through my book on page 2. 

What percussion features do you like from them? 

:)

5 hours ago, MikeN said:

Not aimed at me, but the first one that comes to mind is Mr. Maps from 2015. Funky and cool. Once saw a video DJ named Mike Relm with Blue Man Grouo, and that feature reminds me a lot of that.

Mike

I was also going to say 2015, just love love love the entire book.  Mr. Maps is just bonkers in the best of ways, how they listened to that and said drum feature is beyond me and I hope I can reach that level of genius at some point in my life time.  

Also love the 160 BPM breaks in 2010s show and 2014 was very cool as well.  

• Like 1

Side note. It is kind of cool and rewarding to see shows I marched mentioned in this thing. I am under no illusion that they would contend for the top ... they shouldn't. But I am surprised that those older shows get mention against the powerhouse and consistency of modern bloo. :thumbs-up:

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 2

On 3/1/2018 at 11:31 AM, ThePlanets said:

Me too! That's why I am only halfway through my book on page 2. 

What percussion features do you like from them? 

1988 - rough year. But next-leveled 87 in terms of that drum solo. :63_astonished:
1991 - that rare moment when the percussion book was tougher AND better at season end rather than original.
1997 - Standout of that mid-90's era. Peak BlueQ
2004 - honestly, the Dan Delong years were so consistent. This was a tough choice.
2008 - Macs best work with Bluecoats.
2012 - This jumped out and screamed WE DEMAND TO BE NOTICED!
2014 - Will stand the test of time.
2015 - Microcosm of the 2015 show because it is unjustly overshadowed by a championship in 2016.

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Side note. It is kind of cool and rewarding to see shows I marched mentioned in this thing. I am under no illusion that they would contend for the top ... they shouldn't. But I am surprised that those older shows get mention against the powerhouse and consistency of modern bloo. :thumbs-up:

what years did you march?

48 minutes ago, cowtown said:

what years did you march?

The back 2/3rds of powder blue uniform years.

Edited by mingusmonk

5 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

The shows were watchable, enjoyable, exciting, and performed with verve, intensity, and sincerity. Of course they deserve to be well thought of and still very respected. :satisfied:

• Like 3

Have to double check my tally that I think I left at work but I am pretty sure 2016 Downside Up got it.  I will be back tomorrow with a full top 5 and my week 23 corps.

Okay it took a long time to tally but here are the results and I knew 1 and 2 were extremely close and I apparently needed a recount lol 

1. 2014 Tilt

2. 2016 Downside Up

3. 2005 Caravan

4. 2015 Kinetic Noise

5. 2010 Metropolis

6. 1987

7. 2008 The Boxee

8. 2006 Connexus

9. 2007 Criminal

10. 2017 Jagged Line

HMs for 1989,1996,2001, 2009

Least Favorite goes to 1992.

03 and 04 seem to be forgotten years 

The only show that was close for getting an equal amount of +/- was 2000.

Sample size was low for least favorite and controversial shows.

I have to admit that I am surprised to see a low turnout for 2011 and 2013. I admit neither made my top 5 but both were great shows.