How to fundraise for drum corps

Good article.  Yes, it's important for the artists in this activity to find ways to fund their passion.  

Post season withdrawal is a drag.  I would readily shell out cold hard cash for more access to what is going on with each organization, in the off season.  Anything.  It doesn't have to be show reveals or copyrighted stuff.  Show me some brass lines doing tuning sequences... batteries and front ensembles warming up.  Throw in a few flag tosses from the guard.  Anything to see/hear how the performers are.  Many of us miss being MMs.  Bring back some good memories for me.  I'll pay.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ediker said:

I would readily shell out cold hard cash for more access to what is going on with each organization, in the off season.  ... Show me some brass lines doing tuning sequences...  I'll pay.  

I could email you some video of Cadets' last camp.  How much $$$ you got?

On 3/14/2018 at 2:38 PM, Ediker said:

Good article.  Yes, it's important for the artists in this activity to find ways to fund their passion.  

Post season withdrawal is a drag.  I would readily shell out cold hard cash for more access to what is going on with each organization, in the off season.  Anything.  It doesn't have to be show reveals or copyrighted stuff.  Show me some brass lines doing tuning sequences... batteries and front ensembles warming up.  Throw in a few flag tosses from the guard.  Anything to see/hear how the performers are.  Many of us miss being MMs.  Bring back some good memories for me.  I'll pay.  

I agree with this. I still think our drum corps are leaving money on the table by not using web media better.  I get so tired of this crap about show reveals and keeping everything hush hush...blah blah blah. Like who cares. Sure, you have copyrighted materials that cannot go public, then no problem.  But there is plenty of rep they could post.  Some corps do at least provide some content for donors, and that is completely fair.  I don't know, but I think a lot of people would pay a few dollars ($2 - $5, maybe $10) per camp for access to some inside clips (audio and video). 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree with this. I still think our drum corps are leaving money on the table by not using web media better.  I get so tired of this crap about show reveals and keeping everything hush hush...blah blah blah. Like who cares. Sure, you have copyrighted materials that cannot go public, then no problem.  But there is plenty of rep they could post.  Some corps do at least provide some content for donors, and that is completely fair.  I don't know, but I think a lot of people would pay a few dollars ($2 - $5, maybe $10) per camp for access to some inside clips (audio and video). 

You get it. Look at all of the people paying attention on here.  Think of how much they spend when the season is full swing... flomarching, show tickets, movie tickets, souvies, hamburgers, beer, and even airfares and hotels. Someone needs to milk the cash cows between September and May... in a way that’s relevent to the competitive season. 

On 3/14/2018 at 2:38 PM, Ediker said:

The Cavaliers have a closed Facebook page for donors, and Chris Lugo has been pretty good about posting video of camps. Nothing especially top secret is revealed, but it is anyway a terrific (and, I presume, not too difficult) way to give donors attention.

Not surprised if other corps do this, too. I only know of this for the Cavaliers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjoakes said:

The Cavaliers have a closed Facebook page for donors, and Chris Lugo has been pretty good about posting video of camps. Nothing especially top secret is revealed, but it is anyway a terrific (and, I presume, not too difficult) way to give donors attention.

Not surprised if other corps do this, too. I only know of this for the Cavaliers.

It's smart.  BD has their app, but there's not much added in the off season.  I wonder if it's been a money maker for them