Oregon Crusaders 2018

They’ll have show shirts eventually. There’s a lot of ways they can go with it and make awesome shirts. 

On 3/17/2018 at 2:42 PM, littlejaw said:

There is a mid season video somewhere, but it’s not as good as it was in the dome. Seven Lakes was certainly not on my radar but that show blew me away from them. Should be really good source material for GE.

OK

just saw that, now I'm interested. this could be really cool 

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, bdeviled said:

Oregon Crusaders has their preview performance this evening in Wilsonville, OR.  it will be interesting to see what they reveal tonight!

was a great night.  the corps is in good shape with a week still to clean and elevate before the first show next Friday.  Looked like they had the full show on the field.

They marched in the show tops and shakos with section shorts, and they promised pants for next week.  hahaha    The guard looks amazing and fits so well.   the corps uni's are creepy and really offer some great visual moments with the red/black split.

Loved the show music.   the ballad is so lush and special.  They have had some of my favorite ballads over the past few years (Hymn of Axiom, Who wants to live forever)  This one definitely lives up to those.   soloists did a great job across the board tonight.   Loved me the Danse Macabre!

Concert in downtown Portland tomorrow at 1pm for anyone local.  

• Like 3

I was there too and I have to say, this show has excellent bones, flows extremely well, holds your attention from start to finish and will clean up nicely.

The ballad is strong, with some very creative choreography and a goose-bump worthy impact.  The whole of Act III is Danse Macabre and it is well arranged & treated.  Fun stuff.

I absolutely LOVE what the guard is doing throughout.  And for those of you who called for the twins... well, let me just say you won't be disappointed... although it isn't exactly a Clara moment...lol

I don't want to give away too much until the first judged show... but I'm pretty sure Redrum will play well with crowds.  

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PJinPDX said:

the corps uni's are creepy and really offer some great visual moments with the red/black split.

Yeah the unis are killer... hahaha so to speak.

I agree about the contrast & color split.  It pops and the addition of the pants will make it even more so.  I love the red plumes on the shakos too!

• Like 1

Caught a Periscope last night. Musically, this show is SO MUCH FUN! Visually, I'm going to need a better read in the future, but it looked pretty intense. Here's hoping that they pop some significant numbers next week!

On 7/1/2018 at 7:36 AM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Caught a Periscope last night. Musically, this show is SO MUCH FUN! Visually, I'm going to need a better read in the future, but it looked pretty intense. Here's hoping that they pop some significant numbers next week!

For such a gruesome theme, this show is a whole lot of fun.  I think fans will like it a lot.  Yes, there is MUCH going on visually, some great MM choreo & creative guard integration.  I'm not getting a great read on the drill yet but that will come as they clean it up.

Being that it will be their first judged show, I'm not expecting great numbers Friday night... but they are off to a strong start IMO (***homer alert***).

The Drums of Fire line-up will be the best in years.  Can't wait!!!

Catch it while you can: The Oregon Crusaders are currently listed as being tied for the lead in DCI.org's corps rankings.

https://www.dci.org/scores/rankings