The Commandant's Own...now with electronics!

On 3/21/2018 at 12:19 AM, Rusty said:

The U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps performed tonight at a Houston-area high school.  I couldn't attend due to a prior commitment, but my wife was kind enough to cue up a video on the school district's website at http://www.ccisd.net/.  (I'd link directly to the vid, but I can't find it - right now it appears to be on the front page of the site.  Skip to the -46:00 mark to see them feeding onto the field.) 

Not sure what the rep is for the show, but it looks decent and sounds great.  At one point, I realized just how wonderful it was to hear a good horn line really cranking on G bugles.  

And then I noticed some weird sound effects.  Then strings.  Yep: they have a synth in the pit, with amps at the 35 on side one and the 40 on side two.  

Basically, it's Hop's world.  We just live in it.

I would bet they will use and not abuse the usage of electronics. Corps take notice :)

3 hours ago, cowtown said:

So when do they get spandex costume, start rolling around on the ground, pointing to the sky in overly, emotive exultations of faux drama and depth?

i don't think you'll see that anytime soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, cowtown said:

So when do they get spandex costume, start rolling around on the ground, pointing to the sky in overly, emotive exultations of faux drama and depth?

Exactly.  When I see the "Commandants Own" doing the compulsory bug-squishing and lunging ... well, it may be great for US Army recruitment

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, cowtown said:

about the same time they roll out Backflip George Patton

• Haha 3

I saw an ad for this event on nextdoor.com and ignored it thinking it was just an ROTC thing. I wish I had looked into it because I would have loved to have seen the performance. That stadium is 10 minutes from my house. 

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

about the same time they roll out Backflip George Patton

"The war is over... go in peace."  :8_laughing:

• Haha 3

On 3/22/2018 at 9:10 PM, hughesmr said:

Exactly.  When I see the "Commandants Own" doing the compulsory bug-squishing and lunging ... well, it may be great for US Army recruitment

pretty sure the USMC isn't recruiting dino DCI fans

neither is the army

1 hour ago, Lance said:

pretty sure the USMC isn't recruiting dino DCI fans

neither is the army

In fact, I believe Javier Estorga -- BD soloist the last couple of years -- is now a Marine...might even be in the CO at this time.

Hope he enjoyed the transition from 3 valve Bb to 2 valve G!

• Like 2