The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, Ello said:

Me, I need a new job!

But in all seriousness, this is a good question. This could be a really great opportunity for someone, also could be a great opportunity for the corps to experience a shift in how it does things. 

Someone WHO IS A CADET with long standing ties to the Cadets but no long standing ties to Hopkins would be my guess. At least in the short run to get the Alumni and DCI satisfied that all is well in the organization and that its strong and viable. 

Edited by camel lips

1 hour ago, skek64 said:

I just UN-friended George. Maybe the few thousand other people who are on his friends' list might want to consider doing the same.

While I think that's probably a very good idea, bear in mind that unless he keeps tabs on the # of friends he has, he won't notice the stampede to the doors.  Facebook gives you no notification that you've been unfriended.

Edited by MikeM

4 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I think that involuntarily being put in a difficult situation and undergoing organizational turmoil can't be easy. 

However, from a few twitter posts I've seen, their response has been quite easy - "George Hopkins is not a Cadet."

Man, that’s gotta sting for him...

I love it. 

• Like 2

I, for one, can’t stomach the idea of rewatching any Cadets show from 1982 to 2017 anymore.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Someone WHO IS A CADET with long standing ties to the Cadets but no long standing ties to Hopkins would be my guess. At least in the short run to get the Alumni and DCI satisfied that all is well in the organization and that its strong and viable. 

it me!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I, for one, can’t stomach the idea of rewatching any Cadets show from 1982 to 2017 anymore.

Ok... a tad dramatic, but hey - we all react in our own ways I guess

Personally I think if the organization fires him and revamps/replaces the BOD they will be flooded with a return of fans/donors/volunteers etc that Hopkins drove off over the years. He burned a LOT of bridges

A fresh face for the Cadets is exactly what the organization needs (even before this unacceptable situation)

I'm guessing he's fired and the PTB want to have a plan in place of who takes over prior to an announcement. There is zero chance IMO he remains as director of the corps or involved with YEA. That ship has sailed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cainan said:

I think very high.. In fact, I think there is a good chance that The Cadets do not weather this storm at all for 2018.. and possibly forever.

I am an absolute believer in due process. Nobody is guilty of a crime unless they admit their crime, or are found guilty by a jury of their peers. If this ends up there (which I will be highly surprised if it does not), then whatever the outcome is.. so be it. 

That said, the court of public opinion is not so lenient.

. If I am a sponsor with a worldwide brand recognition, say.. I dunno... YAMAHA... again, I want nothing to do with this corps. Once this corps loses sponsors.. it's game over.

Corporate sponsors ( lately too ) have severed their sponsorships of individuals and organizations on far .. FAR.... less than what has been alleged here too.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Crossmen can't be very happy either, then.

Gotta feel for all the Staff Members that are associated with The Cadets and where this leaves them. You certainly don't want ur name associated with Hopkins today. OF course this is a tight industry and everyone at that level knows who's who and I doubt it will have much affect on any of them getting a job. Unless it comes out that they knew something and did nothing. 

We saw this recently play out at the college football level with the UT Vols went to hire Greg Schiano and the Alumni had a temper tantrum over his association at Penn State > turned out their Temper Tantrum was unfounded that he had no Knowledge of the Sandusky stuff only that his name was mentioned in some court filings. But you can see where this can be damaging to someones reputation. It cheated him out of 8 million a year. 

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Corporate sponsors ( lately too ) have severed their sponsorships of individuals and organizations on far .. FAR.... less than what has been alleged here too.

That's why they must act quickly - and then immediately reach out to sponsors etc. Cadets fortunately have a massive "army" of alumn, volunteers, donors etc - many of which are no friends/fans of Hopkins

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Crossmen can't be very happy either, then.

That potentially opens another can of worms.  IIRC, at some point YEA also ran Crossmen, Boston, Carolina, & Magic of Orlando.

I would hope the first 3 are contacting their alumni / membership from the appropriate years to determine if anything happened.  Not sure how organized MoO alumni association is.