The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

23 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I don't understand.  What good are letters of support, sent to the YEA board, going to do?  That's like putting a towel under your cabin door when the Titanic is sinking.  

I didn’t write it don’t ask me 

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

That potentially opens another can of worms.  IIRC, at some point YEA also ran Crossmen, Boston, Carolina, & Magic of Orlando.

I would hope the first 3 are contacting their alumni / membership from the appropriate years to determine if anything happened.  Not sure how organized MoO alumni association is.

Yikes! For the record, YEA never ran or owned Boston. There was a brief period where BAC was affiliated with YEA but to my knowledge the only tangible result of that was getting a discount on marching shoes. 

48 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Hop has been the only real public face of the org for years and years....more than Gino, more than Thom, more so even than Zingali....for all intents and purposes, publicly he IS the Cadets.

The way some are carrying the pitchforks already, some contacting venues where cadets are staying boycotting the corps etc etc is or will not helping the corps move forward without Hop. If what many want is to know who knew what when can also then go back to those in other places who spent many years at the CAdets. Do they need to be removed also? Just asking because one can go very deep into this situation. This can include many many people who have also moved on. IF anyone covered up rape ( if convicted ) that also doesn't say much of the others who spent years there. Just saying

Not saying it should or should not be done BUT before one light a torch you may want to think about it. Especially before any of the process has been gone through.,

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Ok... a tad dramatic, but hey - we all react in our own ways I guess

Don’t get me wrong, I fully appreciate what the membership has done over those 35 years. I’m just thinking in terms of the driving force behind virtually all of those show designs.

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Don’t get me wrong, I fully appreciate what the membership has done over those 35 years. I’m just thinking in terms of the driving force behind virtually all of those show designs.

I probably won't be watching 2012-2017 much, but that's for a different reason... :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, craiga said:

Yikes! For the record, YEA never ran or owned Boston. There was a brief period where BAC was affiliated with YEA but to my knowledge the only tangible result of that was getting a discount on marching shoes. 

Ok - good w/r/t Boston.

But if dumb old me can think to ask the question, then you can be sure reporters & lawyers will too.

This is the Sept 11 event for Drum Corps.  Nothing is the same from here on out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

The way some are carrying the pitchforks already, some contacting venues where cadets are staying boycotting the corps etc etc is or will not helping the corps move forward without Hop. If what many want is to know who knew what when can also then go back to those in other places who spent many years at the CAdets. Do they need to be removed also? Just asking because one can go very deep into this situation. This can include many many people who have also moved on. IF anyone covered up rape ( if convicted ) that also doesn't say much of the others who spent years there. Just saying

Not saying it should or should not be done BUT before one light a torch you may want to think about it. Especially before any of the process has been gone through.,

Yeah I would suggest caution as from what I keep hearing, this not only has happened in the Cadets. So if it has happened within other organizations, DCI may very well be in trouble.

It sucks people can't keep their freaking hands to themselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

Also heard he came in and ran a rehearsal or two (apparently very poorly, and from inside a members sleeping bag while that member was playing for him in rehearsal). Most other BAC people that have spoken about him with me haven't been exactly full of praise.

I’ve been reading and following this topic for hours now and just now am catching up...

Being a friend of multiple individuals who have been victim to sexual abuse, this is something I take very seriously. 

To the nine that came forward, I salute you. We all are behind you in this. My heart goes out to each and every one of you.

I have nothing to say about YEA right now, there are just too many things I could say. 

To the current Cadets MM, this is so incredibly unfair to you all. I am sorry you’ve been caught in this.

To GH... someone said it in a previous post, resign

Someone on i saw on Twitter said it best, and i know it’s been mentioned previously but i will say it again. George Hopkins is NOT a Cadet. 

• Like 8