The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

33 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Just read that George resigned.

The board should follow.

B51Emut.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Actually, and this probably won’t win the day - but I’ll toss it out there:

YEA needs to pull The Cadets and Cadets2 from all competition for the 2018 season.  

Why?  There will only be this distraction for this year.  Heck, parents may pull their kids out and leave them barely able to field a corps.  Take 2018 to revamp and restructure the organization.  Comeback after finals with everything in place to start the 2019 preparations even stronger.  Show everyone that hey, yes this happened.  But we’ve taken steps to make sure it won’t happen again.  You can’t run a tour and try and recover from this.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

This is the mistake NCAA makes, scandal breaks out for a University sports program, the kids who had nothing to do with the scandal is punished for it (No Post Season, etc).

The Cadets should not be punished for the sins of a tyrant. Cadets have been around a lot longer than Hop's reign. The Cadets as corp (Meaning the current membership) should not go down for this, instead have the strong alumni come together, pick up the pieces, including supporting the victims and move forward by addressing the culture that brought on these issues, and clean house. 

Bottomline, I'm heartbroken for the victims. So sad for the alum and current members. Hope this will give courage to others and that change will occur.

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being a little overdramatic with pulling Cadets and C2 off the field?  One man does not a corps make, no matter how long someone is there for.

Corps was here long before him, and it will be here long after him.  If not for any other reason because there is no way the alumni will allow it to die.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

him leaving could be the boost needed....top 5:thumbs-up:

Completely agree. No more eggshell walking 

• Like 3

I’m not saying DCI should be doing this.  I’m saying YEA should be proactive. Release the kids from their contracts so they can hook up elsewhere while they organization recovers. This shouldn’t be punitive to the corps.  I just don’t want to see the kids fail due to this very large distractionl. I think that would be worse than losing a season.

19 minutes ago, baristeve said:

Later cadets!

I hope you meant “Later, Hop!” The Maroon and Gold (ocassionaly Black) army is not going anywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A sad day.

Hoping for the best here for the members of Cadets and Cadets2.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MikeM said:

YEA needs to pull The Cadets and Cadets2 from all competition for the 2018 season.  

Why?  There will only be this distraction for this year.  Heck, parents may pull their kids out and leave them barely able to field a corps.  Take 2018 to revamp and restructure the organization.  Comeback after finals with everything in place to start the 2019 preparations even stronger.  Show everyone that hey, yes this happened.  But we’ve taken steps to make sure it won’t happen again.  You can’t run a tour and try and recover from this.

Thoughts?

Oh heck no

the show must go on! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Thoughts?

This is a competitive activity.  Such an action would mean conceding defeat.  I highly doubt Cadets would easily concede or go down without a fight for 2018.

Members have paid most of their dues and have been rehearsing their show.  Spring training is in about one month.

There is no reason to give up.  Just my opinion.

• Like 4