The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its an interesting suggestion, and perhaps this is the way forward for this great, iconic Drum Corps. I suppose its up to those that remain at the Cadets to decide on what to do now. I caution taking a season off, as history is not that kind to Corps that decide to suspend operations for a year or 2 with hopes of returning to competition later. Some come back, but most don't. And the ones that do make it back do not come back as competitively strong as they were when they made the decision to take time off from DCI  competition. On the other hand, the Cadets are unlike other Corps, so perhaps that strategy could work for them. But its unchartered territory. Its just sad that this has happened. No real good options here it would seem. Ugh.

Just a cursory scan of reddit leads me to believe the 2018 MMs are committed to a great Cadets experience this year. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I'd be ok with that. If I were the alumni I would consider moving the Cadets back to NJ (Garfield or Bergenfield).  I would change the name to Garfield Cadets or Holy Name Cadets. I'm not so sure staying in Allentown is such a good idea from here on. 

I will then expect you to attend my first Mass at St. Peter's.  :innocent:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I'd be ok with that. If I were the alumni I would consider moving the Cadets back to NJ (Garfield or Bergenfield).  I would change the name to Garfield Cadets or Holy Name Cadets. I'm not so sure staying in Allentown is such a good idea from here on. 

Or take the WWE approach and be announced as "from parts unknown"

Hopkins gone yet?  Or placed on leave out of an abundance of caution?  If not, why not?

Just now, HockeyDad said:

Hopkins gone yet?  Or placed on leave out of an abundance of caution?  If not, why not?

Reports are that he has resigned, awaiting confirmation

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Word is that he's gone.