The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I have been hearing he is gone from alumni for hours, but no official PR from the organization yet.

Anything they put together to announce will be reviewed 8 ways to Sunday before being posted, esp by the attorney(s).

• Like 2

From dcinewsnetwork on tumblr:

Per Source:

“Hopkins has already resigned, we’re just waiting for the official announcement. There was a video conference with staff and members.”.

Stay tuned for more info. 

• Thanks 3

I love the people who are commenting that they have to hear about the resignation tonight.  It's practically 10 PM.  

Everyone acts like this has to be done at lightning speed.  Many schools are on spring break and having news come out tomorrow rather than today won't alter anyones mind.  

In this day and age of internet, everyone expects action or a response 2 minutes after something happens.  Real world is people have to get together for meetings, conference calls, etc..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, furious-winter said:

From dcinewsnetwork on tumblr:

Per Source:

“Hopkins has already resigned, we’re just waiting for the official announcement. There was a video conference with staff and members.”.

Stay tuned for more info. 

Would love to have been a bug on the wall for that one . 

3 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

I love the people who are commenting that they have to hear about the resignation tonight.  It's practically 10 PM.  

Everyone acts like this has to be done at lightning speed.  Many schools are on spring break and having news come out tomorrow rather than today won't alter anyones mind.  

In this day and age of internet, everyone expects action or a response 2 minutes after something happens.  Real world is people have to get together for meetings, conference calls, etc..

They have a camp starting tomorrow and the school has been made aware of the situation. Moving fast is necessary 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Actually, and this probably won’t win the day - but I’ll toss it out there:

YEA needs to pull The Cadets and Cadets2 from all competition for the 2018 season.  

Why?  There will only be this distraction for this year.  Heck, parents may pull their kids out and leave them barely able to field a corps.  Take 2018 to revamp and restructure the organization.  Comeback after finals with everything in place to start the 2019 preparations even stronger.  Show everyone that hey, yes this happened.  But we’ve taken steps to make sure it won’t happen again.  You can’t run a tour and try and recover from this.

Thoughts?

it can also be the reason for completely doing the opposite. Hop out could also be a resurge of the corps BUT a good business person needs to take over to fiscally get through the season. Love of a corps only gets you so far, that part is great for supporters, members, etc etc. STAFF spread your creative wings but either way there still has to be someone in charge. Taking a season off can be disastrous although I see why you say that. They have been together since 34 , no interruption even the disastrous Holy Name end, They can do this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hang on, we don't know what the Board did or didn't find. I know people contacted by the board's attorney as recently as two weeks ago. Not all investigations wrap up in a week, Mr. Mueller.

Was watching some news on, um, cover ups, tonight and then a commercial came on featuring the song "My Favorite Things". Sigh.