The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

7 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

I love the people who are commenting that they have to hear about the resignation tonight.  It's practically 10 PM.  

Everyone acts like this has to be done at lightning speed.  Many schools are on spring break and having news come out tomorrow rather than today won't alter anyones mind.  

In this day and age of internet, everyone expects action or a response 2 minutes after something happens.  Real world is people have to get together for meetings, conference calls, etc..

When your CEO is accused of rape, potentially rape of minor(s), you drop everything else in your life and deal with that immediately. Nobody cares about who's on spring break or who wants a conference call.

Oh, and Cadets have camp this weekend. Like tomorrow. This needs to be handled yesterday.

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeffe77 said:

This is the mistake NCAA makes, scandal breaks out for a University sports program, the kids who had nothing to do with the scandal is punished for it (No Post Season, etc).

Does sort of remind me on how DCI stepped in and disallowed DCI Corps on 3 separate occasions from further appearance in shows when allegations surfaced they were marching overage marchers. 99% of the MM's in those Corps never got their chance to perform at Finals due to DCI stepping in and disallowing further participation that season of these Corps. The MM's suffered the fate, despite doing nothing wrong themselves. But of course marching overage marchers is in no way comparable in policy violations/ behaviors with that of allegations of rape, sexual harrassment,  Job retention being promised in exchange for sexual favors and whatnot on the part of a DCI member Corps. DCI has to decide how to proceed on this, as this is one big mess thats been created amongst the ranks of one of its Charter Member Corps... and an iconic one at that. Its just terrible. Victims especially.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Now that these woman have come forward, it will be up to both DCI and YEA to publicly put out a press release as to their initial reaction to this newspaper's investigatory piece ... and what both intend to do moving forward with it. I'd imagine lawyers are advising them on what to say, and how to proceed.

Yes. I can see from Twitter that DCI has issued a statement, as obviously they needed to do, but at the moment, I can't get the DCI website to load. But you were right.

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

When your CEO is accused of rape, potentially rape of minor(s), you drop everything else in your life and deal with that immediately.

Nobody cares about who's on spring break or who wants a conference call.

I think it’s imperative to move quickly to protect your top funding source.  And then move onto damage control. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, garfield said:

Now that these woman have come forward, it will be up to both DCI and YEA to publicly put out a press release as to their initial reaction to this newspaper's investigatory piece.... and what both intend to do moving forward with it. I'd imagine lawyers are advising them on what to say, and how to proceed.

And neither will happen...

...and you guessed at least half-wrong on this one. (No discredit to you for that.) DCI has issued a statement, as obviously, in my opinion, they would have to do.

Then you have to write the statement, then you have to get lawyers to make their changes, then rewrite the statement again.

Let's not forget that many things go into a press statement, let alone this new article.

There is no internet King or Queen, no one is required to do anything based on the demand of a few or many.  A statement will come when it comes.  

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think it’s imperative to move quickly to protect your top funding source.  And then move onto damage control. 

To say nothing of the sponsors. They have to show a change immediately to not have the likes of Yamaha running for the hills. Some people may not realize how much this has blown up beyond the little world of drum corps. When a major daily breaks something like this, it can travel worldwide in an instant. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kyle B said:

Then you have to write the statement, then you have to get lawyers to make their changes, then rewrite the statement again.

Let's not forget that many things go into a press statement, let alone this new article.

There is no internet King or Queen, no one is required to do anything based on the demand of a few or many.  A statement will come when it comes.  

"George Hopkins has resigned his position with YEA. Official statement forthcoming."

Someone hire me, apparently I'm a PR mastermind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

It's been less than 24 hours.  Nothing will change whether a response was given to the newspaper at the time of printing or wait until a carefully worded response from YEA.

After all, I don't see anyone call to boycott their sponsors.

1 minute ago, Kyle B said:

It's been less than 24 hours.  Nothing will change whether a response was given to the newspaper at the time of printing or wait until a carefully worded response from YEA.

After all, I don't see anyone call to boycott their sponsors.

Ok, whatever you say.  Take a few weeks to mull it over.  I’m sure everything will be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2