The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

George Hopkins! 

Did I say weeks?  No.  But I don't think YEA is going to release a statement just because you are constantly asking for one.  

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ok, whatever you say.  Take a few weeks to mull it over.  I’m sure everything will be fine. 

Just now, Kyle B said:

Did I say weeks?  No.  But I don't think YEA is going to release a statement just because you are constantly asking for one.  

I’m not asking for anything.  I was stating what I would do should I be presented with this circumstance, God forbid. 

4 minutes ago, BDAMom said:

DCI.org appears to be down. Anyone else getting this?

I saw that too. Not sure what's going on.

9 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

Then you have to write the statement, then you have to get lawyers to make their changes, then rewrite the statement again.

Let's not forget that many things go into a press statement, let alone this new article.

There is no internet King or Queen, no one is required to do anything based on the demand of a few or many.  A statement will come when it comes.  

They knew this was coming for three months. 

They were hedging their bets. Not the best course of action for allegations like these.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AlexL said:

Should DCI start its own independent inquiry and effort to try to get people to come forward to DCI so that problem elements can be rooted out of the activity in a proactive manner, rather than through the press? 

Yes.

2 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

They knew this was coming for three months. 

They were hedging their bets. Not the best course of action for allegations like these.

I've stated elsewhere that it wasn't smart at least for Hopkins to wait until the article came out to resign.

BUT...where does everyone get this 3 months thing?  I've read the article twice and didn't see where they mentioned they were asked for comment back in December/January? 

Just now, Kyle B said:

I've stated elsewhere that it wasn't smart at least for Hopkins to wait until the article came out to resign.

BUT...where does everyone get this 3 months thing?  I've read the article twice and didn't see where they mentioned they were asked for comment back in December/January? 

They weren’t asked for comment, but the board knew this story was going to break since January. 

You can’t prepare a response or two in that amount of time??

• Like 2