The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

No mention of bad feelings for the alleged victims. Perhaps that is common in a release like this?

Compare the professionalism of the earlier DCI response to this. Amateur hour. It does not provide reassurance and comes off as defensive

• Like 3

Welp, YEA has pretty much lost the benefit of the doubt for me. I don't see this ending well for them, but who knows.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Terrible tone. Where is the suspended with ( or without) pay until the investigation is complete? They claim they are being responsible while being irresponsible. Sorry ... the board needs to follow Hop’s lead. 

• Like 5

Yeah. Not sure that is the best tone from YEA about all of this. 

I have a feeling this is just the beginning with regard to them.

It took them way to long to have him resign. DCI needs to do their own investigation. 

Edited by ohwiseone

5 hours ago, ohwiseone said:

I believe that no one is guilty unless evidence is proven and produced. However, these are major allegations and if the paper has more accusations and is releasing those on Sunday, then DCI might have to work faster than they anticipated 

The things he admits as true are enough to get him fired. 

Just now, NakedEye said:

Compare the professionalism of the earlier DCI response to this. Amateur hour. It does not provide reassurance and comes off as defensive

First impression as well. Lack of empathy for the victims and defensive on what transpired the last 3 months. Their way of communicating reassurance was benign. 

Well, at least Hopkins is out and will see what further fall out will occur with The Cadets and drum corps as a whole.

• Like 1