The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

11 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Full statement of YEA interim CEO Sean King:

>>>

At this critical time for the future of the organization, we pray for the healing of all of those who have been affected but understand a great deal of work has to be done to rebuild the trust with all of those who have seen The Cadets, Cadets2 and USBands as an embodiment of magnificence.

Our commitment moving forward as an organization will be focused on two important themes: Safety and Stability.

>>> 

This is a much better communication in priority, tone and tenor.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

The page was deleted from Yamaha's site. (May have been previously reported.)

Don't feel bad, you're only the third person who fell for my trap.

It's a hoax.  I made it up - READ the fine print.

Sorry, but you made my point.  People would click that story before they fully understood what it was saying.

I hope Yamaha does the right thing and steps up (if the pressure to disassociate isn't too great!  Geesh, headslap).

Yamaha is going to do the right thing for Yamaha, whatever they perceive that to be.

At any rate, Sean's letter is MUCH better than the BoD's and honestly the fact that it's still up there is mind-boggling.  Take that exceedingly poorly-worded, victim-blaming mess down and just stick with Sean's letter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Rich is a stand up man with impeccable integrity. Cadets2 are in the best of hands under his leadership. 

You know as much as I agree with you there are many who wouldn't agree. I'm not getting into that, no reason but just making a point that with this whole Hop thing one can look at method, integrity or lack of , etc etc all depends on what side you sit on. Kristy's methods have come into question for many years, even April with Cadets who ran a very tight ship was also in question for decades. In this type of competitive activity questions why one does something or doesn't will always have opposition. AS far as the current allegations of HOP there is no cloudy area. Wrong is wrong

One thing you can count on is that many will be walking a narrow straight line for quite sometime

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, rmm155 said:

This is a much better communication in priority, tone and tenor.  

Also glad the CEO of YEA and The Cadets director are two different people. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s his own man and an independent thinker.  No worries with him at the helm.  He and Rich Hammond have an unenviable task of head of them. 

That's putting it lightly. :innocent: Heh... Rich was one of the four people I thought could take over from GH in terms of Cadets director or of YEA as well. His work background before he retired would serve the organization well, I believe. Again, would he have wanted to do it? Rich and I aren't getting any younger. :satisfied:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said, however, DCI and YEA are completely separate orginxations. DCI has no operational control over YEA. As the activity promoter, they can set the guidelines by which corps are expected to operate, but they don’t have the authority to fire people, cease control of the organization, etc. what they can do is remove their representation from their board of directors and deny them the opportunity to perform, but I see that as a last resort kinda deal. 

That's what I said...in different words.  I never said they should take control over the organization.  But, if they don't trust that an organization is assuring the safety of their members, they must have something they can do about it...and that's the two things you mentioned.  

The Indianapolis Star article said:

Drum Corps International also is reviewing policies related to ensuring compliance with best practices and laws around reporting abuse for participating groups, Acheson said. 

Participating groups that fail to meet Drum Corps International's policies can lead to that group's dismissal.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

You know as much as I agree with you there are many who wouldn't agree.

True. Do you think it falls under  the "Bad Optics" category and not as much as the person themselves? Just thinkin' here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, garfield said:

Don't feel bad, you're only the third person who fell for my trap.

It's a hoax.  I made it up - READ the fine print.

Sorry, but you made my point.  People would click that story before they fully understood what it was saying.

I hope Yamaha does the right thing and steps up (if the pressure to disassociate isn't too great!  Geesh, headslap).

Why would you do something so insanely stupid like that when there is such a serious subject at hand like the allegation of a child getting raped??? SMDH 

Yamaha has a brand to protect. Do you realize how much money you could have just cost them?? Geeze if I was them I would be breaking out the lawyers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

That's what I said...in different words.  I never said they should take control over the organization.  But, if they don't trust that an organization is assuring the safety of their members, they must have something they can do about it...and that's the two things you mentioned.  

I need to stop trying to do three things at once. Maybe I’ll understand what I’m reading better... LOL.