The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Why would you do something so insanely stupid like that when there is such a serious subject at hand like the allegation of a child getting raped??? SMDH 

Yamaha has a brand to protect. Do you realize how much money you could have just cost them?? Geeze if I was them I would be breaking out the lawyers. 

A little over dramatic, I think.  Nobody said the allegations weren't serious.

• Like 2

Does anyone have a copy of the YEA by-laws or governing documents? I'm curious to know what is the electing body that chooses the Board of Directors. I work for a 501(c)(3) and our bylaws are available on our website to members (we are a professional association). I couldn't find anything on the YEA website. Now just because YEA is a non-profit doesn't mean they have to have open elections. But the process and electing body (even if it is a closed committee) have to be spelled out somewhere. 

55 minutes ago, camel lips said:

What they knew and when they knew it is what will be at the crux of the matter. The Sandusky case proved that. 

I'm not sure that what they knew, when, will be the crux of anything.

No way of knowing what lies ahead. My hope is that those who were/are victims - both directly and indirectly - are supported. Those who were responsible - both directly and indirectly - are held accountable and atone. Attitudes, behaviors, and policies continue to evolve and prioritize the safety and health of all involved in the activity. That wiser folk than I make sure these things happen. And that the last post in this thread read: "The Mass is ended; go in peace."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, garfield said:

Don't feel bad, you're only the third person who fell for my trap.

It's a hoax.  I made it up - READ the fine print.

Sorry, but you made my point.  People would click that story before they fully understood what it was saying.

I hope Yamaha does the right thing and steps up (if the pressure to disassociate isn't too great!  Geesh, headslap).

You're quite the trickster. Yeah, clicking a link, nobody does that on the internet.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Strange that they would ignore that elephant in the room...but that’s just me, I guess. 

Hunch? Just a rumor then. Can claim knowledge of substantive facts 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

DCI is in CYA mode. There’s no doubt they knew. 

Let THAT tidbit roll around in your mind for awhile. Then think about spending your money on DCI events in the future. You bet they are covering their butts. 

• Like 2