The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

lets remember at the time it was not un common in many corps...I remember one of my staff members married to a girl 10 years his junior who was marching in a corps out west

It's hard to judge something of many many years ago based on today's standard. Not rape of course, At no time, was this ok BUT most of our parents would be in jail for child abuse by today's standard..lol

I wonder if "The Age of Aquarius" would have survived today's standards?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

A director for Cadets2 with that last name (no matter how well regarded in the region) is a little suspect.

Well, no. Rich has years invested in this activity, and integrity for days. Just because his adult daughter was tied to George is no reason to attack Rich. His daughter is 44 and fully in control of her life. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

I wonder if "The Age of Aquarius" would have survived today's standards?

If it involved an endorsement of rape then no, it wouldn’t have survived. We’ve seen many changes in America regarding sexual behavior. Thankfully, rape and pedophilia is still considered heinous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s his own man and an independent thinker.  No worries with him at the helm.  He and Rich Hammond have an unenviable task of head of them. 

And I say this with love for both:

this sutuation may call for people not afraid to be very very blunt and outspoken. They are perfectly qualified for that LOL

Edited by Jeff Ream
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well, no. Rich has years invested in this activity, and integrity for days. Just because his adult daughter was tied to George is no reason to attack Rich. His daughter is 44 and fully in control of her life. 

You can bet those involved and ALL groups will be more scrutinized than ever in the past and for far less than this current issue.

36 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Could be for sure...Sometimes people can't separate one from another though

Anyone who knows the two of them know they’ll disagree frequently lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You can bet those involved and ALL groups will be more scrutinized than ever in the past and for far less than this current issue.

Oh sure. Plenty of people in this activity should be crapping their pants right now

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Is his daughter is married to George and also the current Guard caption Head?

Edited by cowtown