The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

He told us he answered an ad in Drum Corps World.  He said he had worked at DCI with Dan Acheson beforehand. 

O M G

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

. AS I said many times earlier. this can go far beyond Cadets and Their board...This can spread very far. 

There is some indication that there indeed will be other Corps, staffers, admin. that allegedly abused their positions. If so, no matter where they are, no matter the Corps, weed them out... give them the boot.

Change is coming. For those individuals that have always played by the rules, they got nothing to worry about. But if you abused your position, no matter what Corps/ MB/ WGI unit you are with now or before, no matter where you are tonite, I hope you're schitting in your pants. As thats the price you pay for abusing both your trusted position as well as those subordinates who trusted you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He told us he answered an ad in Drum Corps World.  He said he had worked at DCI with Dan Acheson beforehand. 

Why does this NOT surprise me.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

There is some indication that there indeed will be other Corps, staffers, admin. that allegedly abused their positions. If so, no matter where they are, no matter the Corps, weed them out... give them the boot.

Change is coming. For those individuals that have always played by the rules, they got nothing to worry about. But if you abused your position, no matter what Corps/ MB/ WGI unit you are with now or before, no matter where you are tonite, I hope you're schitting in your pants. As thats the price you pay for abusing both your trusted position as well as those subordinates who trusted you.

Bravo !! This has been going on for decades. Time to put a stop to it and move on for the better.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Im not talking about other abusers Im talking about enablers and who knew what when. It goes far beyond Cadets board and if this is asked can affect more than 1 corps. All the rest of what you said I would agree. Lets also remember what was acceptable decades ago would never be now. It does make a difference. Rape and unwanted advances of course then or now is nor should have ever been acceptable.

Edited by GUARDLING

57 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Yeah I think all of this talk about about kicking him out of the HOF is just a knee jerk reaction to the seriousness of the allegations. At this pint they are just allegations and I am more than willing to wait to hear them out . 

Well "all this talk" was just a question, and it's been asked and answered. So we can drop it as far as I'm concerned. As far as the "allegations," I'm not willing to wait to "hear them out." Too many people have made these accusations for them not to be true, and too many times, the victims are not believed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Well "all this talk" was just a question, and it's been asked and answered. So we can drop it as far as I'm concerned. As far as the "allegations," I'm not willing to wait to "hear them out." Too many people have made these accusations for them not to be true, and too many times, the victims are not believed.

You are right about the victims. To bad in all the news nowadays it doesn't include some and exiles others.

• Like 1