The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Rule #1 of crisis management 

get ahead of it!

4 page spread. Front page of at least the early edition 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You're such a tease. What is it going to say?

I don’t know specifics. Rumors only including updates since the story broke

There's much discussion here and elsewhere about the Board of YEA resigning and a clean sweep of the YEA organization.

There's another option for the Cadets, though, that I haven't seen discussed.

I'll call it the "Crossmen Option".

In 2006, the Crossmen left YEA after being acquired by totally new management--Fred Morrison and Mark Chambers--and started anew as an independent organization.

So, why do the Cadets even need to be in YEA?  Doesn't the option exist to dissolve it and spin the Cadets assets off--as the Crossmen assets were--and start as a new organization?  It would be a reboot...and a true clean sweep.

Thoughts?

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

A friend just sent me a photo of a stack of "Early Sunday Edition" papers.

The story is FRONT PAGE, ABOVE THE FOLD, FULL-PAGE WITH GIANT PHOTO AND SCREAMING HEADLINE.  

Basically the only thing under the masthead.

Oh boy....  :tic:

Yup saw that too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Then tell him...

No lawn downtown 

1 minute ago, barigirl78 said:

There's much discussion here and elsewhere about the Board of YEA resigning and a clean sweep of the YEA organization.

In 2006, the Crossmen left YEA, were acquired by totally new management--Fred Morrison and Mark Chambers--and started anew as an independent organization.

So, why do the Cadets even need to be in YEA?  Doesn't the option exist to dissolve it and spin the Cadets assets off--as the Crossmen assets were--and start as a new organization?  It would be a reboot...and a true clean sweep.

Thoughts?

They could move west and become the Kansas City Star...

1 minute ago, barigirl78 said:

In 2006, the Crossmen left YEA, were acquired by totally new management--Fred Morrison and Mark Chambers--and started anew as an independent organization.

Thoughts?

Another thought:

why has DCA stayed radio silent? C2 was champions 2 years ago

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Thoughts?

YEA was a huge funding source for the Cadets/ Cadets 2 operations. I believe the Cadets annual operating costs outstripped their annual incoming revenues.... or it was break even at best.  It is primarily YEA revenues that allowed The Cadets to operate financially at a World Class Division Elite Status competing Drum Corps.( Others here, more closer to the Cadets, can tell us if I 've got this accurate or not though )

Edited by BRASSO

36 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

A friend just sent me a photo of a stack of "Early Sunday Edition" papers.

The story is FRONT PAGE, ABOVE THE FOLD, FULL-PAGE WITH GIANT PHOTO AND SCREAMING HEADLINE.  

Basically the only thing under the masthead.

Oh boy....  :tic:

Stay away from the fan here it comes.