The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

43 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

4 page spread. Front page of at least the early edition 

Gosh..Are the trying to win a Pulitzer?

30 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

There's much discussion here and elsewhere about the Board of YEA resigning and a clean sweep of the YEA organization.

There's another option for the Cadets, though, that I haven't seen discussed.

I'll call it the "Crossmen Option".

In 2006, the Crossmen left YEA, were acquired by totally new management--Fred Morrison and Mark Chambers--and started anew as an independent organization.

So, why do the Cadets even need to be in YEA?  Doesn't the option exist to dissolve it and spin the Cadets assets off--as the Crossmen assets were--and start as a new organization?  It would be a reboot...and a true clean sweep.

Thoughts?

I may be off on some of the details, but I'm fairly certain the Crossmen didn't "leave" YEA and then get bought by the Texas group. YEA sold them to the Texas group (and IIRC were still involved with the Crossmen during the transition year of 2006 before relinquishing control completely in 2007). There really was no avenue for the Crossmen to break off from YEA and form their own entity before 2006 because YEA basically "owned" them, including their name.

9 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

I may be off on some of the details, but I'm fairly certain the Crossmen didn't "leave" YEA and then get bought by the Texas group. YEA sold them to the Texas group (and IIRC were still involved with the Crossmen during the transition year of 2006 before relinquishing control completely in 2007). There really was no avenue for the Crossmen to break off from YEA and form their own entity before 2006 because YEA basically "owned" them, including their name.

Yes, they were bought and sold.  These are the mechanisms by which it was accomplished.  But, it still was a break.

Re-reading what I wrote, I made it sound like that was giving the order in which things happened.  I have edited it.

Edited by barigirl78

31 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

6hnJGK8.jpg

If a picture is worth 1000 words...

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

Every other corps in DCI and DCA should be seizing this moment, when all eyes are on Hopkins and the Cadets, to review every last concern that has been brought to their attention, no matter how slight it seemed at the time, and take action if necessary.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, camel lips said:

...At this pint they are just allegations and I am more than willing to wait to hear them out . 

Such an appropriate misspelling following your earlier "I  believe..." post! Perhaps a Yeunglingian Slip? 

• Haha 1