The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

OK!  I think all of us here are concerned to varying degrees and I appreciate yours.

This thread has remained amazingly sanquin during this event because of the particular nature of the subject.  That sensitivity has allowed us to discuss without creating hypotheticals that stir passions and tend to derail threads and get people booted.

There are lots of scenarios that could play out here, included the Cadets having a marvelous season that brings down the stands in August.

The chinese character for crisis and the one for opportunity are almost identical. Yes the Cadets can maintain dignity via a carefully chosen show and message and shed a lot of tears. I suspect many of us will be figuring out what it will take from us as alumni to make this happen. I would also add that a marvelous season for the Cadets this year will not be related to final placement. Personally, I am a bit confused at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

There are lots of scenarios that could play out here, included the Cadets having a marvelous season that brings down the stands in August.

Either way the corps must go forward. On with the show. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

My only contention is corrective action needs to be swift, meaningful, and noticeable. One person resigning is not sufficient. That much was already expected by all observers.

Again, I'm confident the Cadets will be fine after a good house-cleaning. I plan to, at least, cheer the members through this mess.

As an outsider, its inconceivable that the Cadets can really begin the healing process, and a satisfactory transitional period ,without the total replacement of that current YEA Board, imo. A " good house cleaning", just as you said seems to be not only in order, but perhaps a requirement now there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I don’t believe DCI can’t levy a fine for this sort of thing. 

Nor would (will) they.

17 minutes ago, garfield said:

What's this?  Agreeing with me again?

DrumManTx said it best ( just above )

Edited by BRASSO

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Actually, its you agreeing with me that probably has you in a more enlightened state....... ( lol!,, tongue placed firmly in cheek):lle:

Well, of course.

It is, after all...

BRASSO, and not just Brasso.

:whistle:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, garfield said:

What's this?  Agreeing with me again?

Get the camera - dogs are sleeping with cats somewhere.

I agree as well. It seems most of us are on the exact same page with this one. Excise the BOD, full internal and external reviews with meaningful and clear outcomes/actions; transparency and accountability all the while taken care of the 2018 membership giving them the deserved best-possible summer 

• Like 5

I have a question that will inform my opinion as to how deep the housecleaning needs to go at Yea!  Someone here probably knows the answer...

is the current Yea! BOD the same BOD that approved the hiring of Scott Acheson?  And equally important, were they aware of his conviction?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lead said:

Nor would (will) they.

Agree. Not sure DCI even has the legal authority to impose a " fine ". Maybe they do, but I sort of doubt it. Furthermore, I don't see DCI about to put any MORE financial burdens on a member Corps of its association, when that member Corps may already have to deal with financial fall out as result of this. Its not in DCI's self interest to see any of its member Corps in any sort of financial strain either. DCI might do other things however here. That remains to be seen. But like you, I just don't see a " fine " by DCI on the Cadets as in the cards.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2