The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

33 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

That's actually about $20.00 worth. Most non-profit boards of the 501c3 variety are exactly like that.

For YEA!, board member removal would more likely result from the kind of external pressure that makes continuing untenable. Or, even better, members reconnecting with something called integrity.

Yes. I don't understand the talk about removing the board or firing them or voting them out, etc. I want to know why they haven't all resigned. No firing or voting out should be required. They should all step down. Yesterday. Shame!

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. I don't understand the talk about removing the board or firing them or voting them out, etc. I want to know why they haven't all resigned. They should all step down. Yesterday. Shame!

Agreed!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. I don't understand the talk about removing the board or firing them or voting them out, etc. I want to know why they haven't all resigned. No firing or voting out should be required. They should all step down. Yesterday. Shame!

Well, like mjoakes said, that would require some integrity. 

• Like 5

As an FYI, YEA! is a 501c3 organization, checked from their 990. There's another non-profit type tagged as 501c7 which is a membership organization. That's the type that has a larger membership base from which board members are elected.

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well, like mjoakes said, that would require some integrity. 

There's never a wrong time to start doing the right thing. 

• Like 7

My long-departed grandfather once told me, "there's book-smart, and there's walkin'-around smart. Don't ever think that one makes you the other."

Here, those who keep insisting that DCI doesn't have the legal authority to do A, B or C - don't assume for a minute that at the end of the day, they can't somehow make YEA! agree to just about any darned thing they want to - IF they want it done badly enough. Just because they don't have the "right" to do it doesn't mean they can't get it done.

Anyone else notice that GH is still in charge of the YEA Facebook page?  He is the only “team member” currently listed.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yup. With the camp this weekend as well - I'm sure there are many "to-do" the next few days. Hopefully a meeting with the BOD advising/suggesting/recommending they resign is among the "to-do" he has in mind. Launching other internal reviews, lining up an external/independent audit/review and a check in with each staff member is key as well. An "inventory of sorts" is key

Screw advising/ suggesting. Tell them “ get the #### out”

39 minutes ago, garfield said:

I still haven't heard about the Sunday edition.

Did the four-pager come out?

Was there more or deeper info?

No new info I noticed. Combined info from multiple stories since it first ran in with it.

but front page of the biggest paper in the region not called the Times or the Post

28 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

There's never a wrong time to start doing the right thing. 

Only if you truly get that concept