The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Ok how about making this solely or mainly a PR problem bugs me. Yes YEAs ability to communicate sucks but there is more to the problem than that. See rmm155s post above for explanation. 

To me PR is dealing with the world outside of your group. YEA also needs to do a lot of work internally

Edited by JimF-LowBari

44 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That’s why making this a PR problem bugs me

Yes, it's definitely more than just a PR problem.  The PR aspect is the easiest thing to outsource.

Edited by Ediker
conciseness
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tim K said:

DCI may not have a legal responsibility with cases involving those over 18, whether it involves Cadets or other corps, but if a case involves minors and the abuse is illegal in that state,

Keep in mind that the jurisdiction of the State where the abuse occurs is the one where any prosecution will occur.  Or for that matter, different countries as well if it happened in Canada or on one of the various European tours in the past

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

Forgetting Hopkins, Now Selecting A Board

well, they won't be able to forget him for a long time

• Like 2

Someone mentioned something like this, but I can't find the post to quote. Plus, several others have alluded to this (sorry if I come across as Captain Obvious):  In the Military we have the Inspector General's office attached to every command. The IG is "supposed" to be outside the influence of the chain of command and can, therefore, investigate situations involving even the Commanding Officer.

I'm not sure every Corps has the resources to devote to something like this, but certainly at the DCI level and possibly funded by the Corps.  Just a thought. 

Edited by CrownBariDad
Double word
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Someone mentioned something like this, but I can't find the post to quote. Plus, several others have alluded to this (sorry if I come across as Captain Obvious):  In the Military we have the Inspector General's office attached to every command. The IG is "supposed" to be outside the influence of the chain of command and can, therefore, investigate situations involving even the Commanding Officer.

I'm not sure every Corps has the resources to devote to something like this, but certainly at the DCI level and possibly funded by the Corps.  Just a thought. 

It is the thing to do, and not every organization can afford it, unfortunately.  It's a good candidate for something to be centrally funded.  

35 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I'm in agreement with those who feel a PR firm is a good move. YEA's communication has been absolutely miserable forever and as this story continues to build and easily take on a life of its own when passed from person to person, really clear, precise message control is imperative. That doesn't mean BS and lie about what has happened/is happening, it means communicate precisely. 

The early messaging in the scandal demonstrated that they were obviously completely incompetent at speaking without assistance. Hopefully some good will come from it.

I've also been told that more women have come forward, like multiple times more. If that is confirmed, they REALLY have to be on top of their game while addressing it.

it's opening eyes to the business practices too. Hell hath no fury like employees not paid all they were owed

• Like 3

18 hours ago, garfield said:

What a joke.  Fishing for free news - what happened to pounding the beat and doing the legwork themselves?

This just smells like fishing for carp.

How do you suggest they pound the beat & do the legwork?  Go to a corps camp & ask members if any of them have been assaulted by staff?  Or do similar at shows? 

I think the request seems reasonable, as there are only so many former members; and some number less than all of these have been assaulted (I know I wasn't.  So, that means at most there are no more than 'all former members -1' potential victims).  Get a list of self-reported victims, and start the investigating from there.

Of course, this could backfire on the reporter.  She may have to deal with "she who must never be mentioned from RAMD..."

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

How do you suggest they pound the beat & do the legwork?  Go to a corps camp & ask members if any of them have been assaulted by staff?  Or do similar at shows? 

I think the request seems reasonable, as there are only so many former members; and some number less than all of these have been assaulted (I know I wasn't.  So, that means at most there are no more than 'all former members -1' potential victims).  Get a list of self-reported victims, and start the investigating from there.

Of course, this could backfire on the reporter.  She may have to deal with "she who must never be mentioned from RAMD..."

Burr.  Did it just get cold in here?

• Haha 2