The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

One of the comments.  

“Oh Yes, please, allow us continue to dredge up our dirty laundry as if 
it were some great cathartic. Thank you, for your true service to the 
drum corps community, not to mention it's potential funders, friends, 
parents and fans. 
As a board member, I would be ashamed to re visit this tragedy. 
Unfortunately, part of the responsibility rests with the board as well 
as the director.”

oh the irony is not lost on me. 

This type of attitude of sticking one's head in the sand, and telling other people to shut up, is precisely why DCI is about to undergo a healthy and much needed enema on all this. Like the enema produces, the bad  stuff needs to all come out before we can begin to really feel better, imo

Edited by BRASSO
Filter circumvention
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, JMS1995 said:

If one lawsuit goes forward, you can bet that the Cadets and Yea! will be named in it and will need to hire a defense team. It is at this point they will exhaust their funds (even without a ruling against them) unless a super-wealthy alum steps in or they raise souvie prices (care for a $900 shirt?)... if they exist at all it will be in "Holy Name" only, dba "The Cadebts."  I hope this doesn't happen, but looking at the litigious world around us, it seems plausible.

Anything is possible, but for the moment at least, there has been no reports that the victims and their attorney(s) are interested in suing anyone. They were quite clear what their motives were when they approached the YEA BOD back in early January of this year .  However, like anything else, how YEA/ DCI proceed from here could have them change their minds with this... who knows.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going to send a link to you that Jim sent to all those people.  Doesn’t anyone know about why the Capitolaires went away? 

Works Midwest selling musical instruments 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

This type of attitude of sticking one's head in the sand, and telling other people to shut up, is precisely why DCI is about to undergo a healthy and much needed enema on all this. Like the enema produces, the bad **** needs to all come out before we can begin to really feel better, imo

I'm not going to feel better for quite some time after that metaphor.  

Edited by MikeD
Filter circumvention in the quoted post
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I'm not going to feel better for quite some time after that metaphor.  

Some might not feel better either when they learn that apparently the YEA BOD at the moment has no intention of resigning nor even expects to be removed by any one soon... including any directive from DCI that might surface  for them all to resign either

Oh boy. This is not what a lot of Cadets alums that I know what to hear regarding the YEA BOD's  apparent attempt to try and ride this all out.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Some might not feel better either when they learn that apparently the YEA BOD at the moment has no intention of resigning nor even expects to be removed by any one soon... including any directive from DCI that might surface  for them all to resign either

Oh boy. This is not what a lot of Cadets alums that I know what to hear regarding the YEA BOD's  apparent attempt to try and ride this all out.

What?  Did something new happen?  Did YEA release a statement saying they refuse to resign?

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going to send a link to you that Jim sent to all those people.  Doesn’t anyone know about why the Capitolaires went away? 

No, but I have a guess. I've heard unsavory stories involving an All-Girl group in the area I grew up with as well which I then wondered if that coincided with their quiet folding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

One of the comments.  

“Oh Yes, please, allow us continue to dredge up our dirty laundry as if 
it were some great cathartic. Thank you, for your true service to the 
drum corps community, not to mention it's potential funders, friends, 
parents and fans. 
As a board member, I would be ashamed to re visit this tragedy. 
Unfortunately, part of the responsibility rests with the board as well 
as the director.”

oh the irony is not lost on me. 

My doublespeak, word salad, and Bee Ess detectors went off with that quote. I don't think those were false alarms because it's 227 AM here and I'm tired, were they?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1