The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Anyone else notice dcp got mentioned in one of the articles in the latest Allentown paper links? Go to the latest link and in the story link is “not the only departure in 2018”. Sorry on phone so no copy n paste the link.

Yes we did in an issue I brought to DCp and was told by Hop much ado about nothing

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

So what?  Most of the events of this thread topic happened longer than eight years ago.  We can't dismiss everything that ever happened prior to 2011.

You are correct, we can’t dismiss everything that happened in the past since these crimes happened in the past, and while many of the things that are coming up about the former director show he was controlling, flawed, and often ego driven, lots of people have these characteristics and are not guilty of sex crimes. So I think that last events probably should only come up if they shed light on the topic, and I don’t know if discussing the G7 will accomplish anything. The G7 proposal was a divisive idea, but those who supported were not necessarily abusers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As much as GH changed modern day drum corps he may be the one to have it die a quicker death! Parents and young people alike will see or hear about this and think twice about sending their kids to a drum corps. We MAY see an end to the activity we all love!

There may be more stories out there with other corps and soon they will come out. Remember the "wild ramblings" of a female on RAMD? Maybe, just maybe, she wasn't that crazy after all!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

As much as GH changed modern day drum corps he may be the one to have it die a quicker death! Parents and young people alike will see or hear about this and think twice about sending their kids to a drum corps. We MAY see an end to the activity we all love!

There may be more stories out there with other corps and soon they will come out. Remember the "wild ramblings" of a female on RAMD? Maybe, just maybe, she wasn't that crazy after all!

She was right about some things but she is still crazy.  Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

This type of attitude of sticking one's head in the sand, and telling other people to shut up, is precisely why DCI is about to undergo a healthy and much needed enema on all this. Like the enema produces, the bad schiit needs to all come out before we can begin to really feel better, imo

As I said earlier in this thread, it takes a lot of enablers and facilitators for this kind of behavior to continue for decades. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCI-86 said:

Apparently entire YEA board has resigned and new board taken over 

I like this news, but I'd love to know where you heard this.

YEA:"Mr. Rutherford joined on the board by: Jane Lemmon,Vicki Ferrence Ray,Ben Regalado,Larry Mills,Providing additional support and resources ..Dan Acheson, CEO of Drum Corps International.Further appointments to the board, task forces, and sub-committees will be forthcoming."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCI-86 said:

YEA:"Mr. Rutherford joined on the board by: Jane Lemmon,Vicki Ferrence Ray,Ben Regalado,Larry Mills,Providing additional support and resources ..Dan Acheson, CEO of Drum Corps International.Further appointments to the board, task forces, and sub-committees will be forthcoming."

I'm definitely liking the fact that Ben Regalado is on the board. Good man, in my experiences with him.