The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

What a difference a day makes.

The resignation and replacement of the board, with involvement of Acheson, is very welcome news.  I can only imagine the behind-the-scenes machinations that brought this about.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Dang, Johnny Hopkins Bayview!

The ever-expanding Johns Hopkins. LOL. Bayview is now a huge complex.

And of course, the main JHH city campus is so big, it could be its own country.  :tongue:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

What a difference a day makes.

The resignation and replacement of the board, with involvement of Acheson, is very welcome news.  I can only imagine the behind-the-scenes machinations that brought this about.

It was pretty much the offer that couldn't be refused.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am happy they were able to round up these individuals so quickly. They appear to have appropriate and varied backgrounds.

I believe this new board will be able to set the organization on a financially stable path for years to come.

We all heard about Hopkins wildly spending money, so hopefully that is all it was, and didn't drift into illegal territory. But however deep the financial issues were that he was causing, this is the end of them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daave said:

Never, in the history of calming down has anyone ever calmed down after being told to calm down.

However, studies show that people named Francis have lightened up after having been told to do so by Sgt Hulka.  :laughing:

I'll remember to avoid that Sgt. Hulka guy.  :tongue:

6 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

It was pretty much the offer that couldn't be refused.

Several folks taking Advil today for twisted arms?   LOL

35 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Do you EVER stop with the BS?    "AT THE MOMENT" you posted that, they had already resigned and the marching members on the leadership committee had already been informed.

replacing Boards overnight isn't easy. There's contracts involved, other legal issues...including liability.....I know everyone wants their heads, and rightfully so, but if not done right, it could open YEA up to lawsuits. We all knew it was coming.

it's like when everyone screamed about executive pay during the recession......those top dogs had contracts guaranteeing them things. The companies had to pay them or be sued into oblivion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

I am happy they were able to round up these individuals so quickly. They appear to have appropriate and varied backgrounds.

I believe this new board will be able to set the organization on a financially stable path for years to come.

We all heard about Hopkins wildly spending money, so hopefully that is all it was, and didn't drift into illegal territory. But however deep the financial issues were that he was causing, this is the end of them.

only part that bothers me for some reason is Tresona being represented on the board

• Like 2