The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

only part that bothers me for some reason is Tresona being represented on the board

Tresona isn't going anywhere.  Putting someone affiliated with them on the board is actually frankly a *savvy* move.  Someone on the inside, as it were.

• Thanks 2

Just now, geluf said:

Tresona isn't going anywhere.  Putting someone affiliated with them on the board is actually frankly a *savvy* move.  Someone on the inside, as it were.

i can't put my finger on it honestly. May even help. But for the moment, I have the classic Star Wars " I've got a bad feeling about his"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Some might not feel better either when they learn that apparently the YEA BOD at the moment has no intention of resigning nor even expects to be removed by any one soon... including any directive from DCI that might surface  for them all to resign either

Oh boy. This is not what a lot of Cadets alums that I know what to hear regarding the YEA BOD's  apparent attempt to try and ride this all out.

within hours they did...cant jump ahead.

Edited by GUARDLING

I took a deep breath and smiled after reading about the new board. The drum corps community made me proud today. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i can't put my finger on it honestly. May even help. But for the moment, I have the classic Star Wars " I've got a bad feeling about his"

The reality is that Tresona is precisely what the music industry wants.  If it wasn't them, it would be someone else.  *Someone* would be filling that role right now.  We can direct our ire at Tresona because they're the ones who did, but we were never going to avoid a Tresona-like presence.

Given that you can't beat the system, you try to bring a rep of the system under your umbrella and work that way.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jim Schehr said:

I took a deep breath and smiled after reading about the new board. The drum corps community made me proud today. 

Yes, for sure. it's never fast enough with some people ( understandably)  BUT we have to remember imo they have to get their ducks in a row before moving forward and have at least some things in place.

• Like 1

Just now, GUARDLING said:

Yes, for sure. it's never fast enough with some people ( understandably)  BUT we have to remember imo they have to get their ducks in a row before moving forward and have at least some things in place.

Honestly the speed with which they filled the major board positions was remarkable, all things considered.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Oh wow - haven't heard the name Doug Rutherford in a while.

I don't think they could have found anyone better to lead the Cadets through these times and bring them out the other side better and stronger!

• Like 3