The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Just now, ebo said:

Exactly and it was not Sean King

I think Sean King's statement did a good job of pointing that out without blaming the victim. He took the high road and put the matter at hand as the highest priority. May not have been easy, but well done.

13 minutes ago, ebo said:

He had no power to do anything even if he was told .  

Others might believe otherwise.

3 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I think Sean King's statement did a good job of pointing that out without blaming the victim. He took the high road and put the matter at hand as the highest priority. May not have been easy, but well done.

Like I said he is an amazing person and he does not deserve this.   

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Others might believe otherwise.

I believe Sean.  if you knew him you would too.  

15 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

YEA CEO SEAN KING SUSPENDED amid allegation by alleged victim that she told him Hopkins sexually harassed her and he did not report. King denies the allegation, saying a review will prove that out. #cadets #drumcorps @69News

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

If this unconfirmed text turns out to be accurate, it seemed inevitable that Sean King would need to be suspended, until such time that a proper investigation of this new revelation thats been reported in the Press can be properly vetted and addressed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

If this unconfirmed text turns out to be accurate, it seemed inevitable that Sean King would need to be suspended, until such time that a proper investigation of this new revelation thats been reported in the Press can be properly vetted and addressed.

How is a reporter reporting a statement directly from Sean King himself "unconfirmed text"? She's been covering it from the beginning.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ebo said:

I believe Sean.  if you knew him you would too.  

This is what I've been afraid of. It is really easy to believe the victims when it is someone like GH that nobody likes anyway, but if someone people like is implicated people let their like of the person get in the way.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, ebo said:

She didn't say she told Sean of the rape, just that she told him about George making crude comments to her.   

That wasn't enough for an investigation then versus a brush off?...I don't know either of these people...but I'm just not buying his account here...crude comments are inexcusable behavior in a professional work environment...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ebo said:

Like I said he is an amazing person and he does not deserve this.   

Ultimately, it is only so much about him. And based on everything I have heard and know about Sean King, he will likely be fine. And again, I think his statement only goes to support that line of thought.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1