The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 minutes ago, ebo said:

It has already been done!  To follow up with the victim and see if she recalls when Sean took her seriously when he fired the other harassing employee.   They should follow up because a good man's life is being ruined.  

His life is being ruined?  Lots of things in life come along that might ruin it, but I'm not too sure this ranks up there.  

12 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

I don't see how they twisted anything to make you appear to support GH.  They just said in this current climate we have to take the victims at 100% of their word.

Ditto and the smart/right thing to do

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I think you may be wishing for the best based on donating a ton of money.

Not even worth a response.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ebo said:

Allegations of what?  Sean didn't harass her. I agree they need to do an investigation and clear his name which I am sure will be the result.  

Allegations of what GH is accused of doing and allegations of what Sean did not do

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daave said:

His life is being ruined?  Lots of things in life come along that might ruin it, but I'm not too sure this ranks up there.  

Are you guys for real?  Seriously?  Sad

1 minute ago, ebo said:

Allegations of what?  Sean didn't harass her. I agree they need to do an investigation and clear his name which I am sure will be the result.  

Then why not just let that happen?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ebo said:

He said he she didn't tell him.  When she told him about the other he reacted.  His character speaks for itself.   He is not a liar. 

Character only goes so far, i have seen people get axed for oversights despite them being persons of high character and integrity. Personally, i think you may need to step back on this. Like i said, if i were advising the org, I would remove everyone...i've had to do this in a youth sports program already. 

6 minutes ago, ebo said:

It has already been done!  To follow up with the victim and see if she recalls when Sean took her seriously when he fired the other harassing employee.   They should follow up because a good man's life is being ruined.  

If he's telling the truth, then the BoD investigation will bear that out and he'll be exonerated.  Unfortunately, YEA! doesn't have the luxury of the benefit of the doubt any longer.  GH and the former board ruined that.  So, the allegations have to be taken seriously, and the BoD has to be seen as being proactive.

You can rail about it all you want.  If the BoD DOESN'T do this, then DCI has the ability to shut The Cadets down for the year based on their probationary status.  None of us want to see that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ebo said:

The article was poorly written, and the reporter's investigation was not thorough.  That being said, it is possible to believe BOTH the victim AND Sean.  Perhaps this specific episode is a bit of a misunderstanding?