The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

I wonder if this (regarding King) is what the victim even wanted to happen.

Its fair to say that in hindsight, lots of things happened there at her employment that she  never "wanted to happen ". Thats the overall impression I got anyway from my reading. . I can just imagine at her age ( 22 ) how excited and happy she must have been to be hired there initially.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ebo said:

It has already been done!  To follow up with the victim and see if she recalls when Sean took her seriously when he fired the other harassing employee.   They should follow up because a good man's life is being ruined.  

Would you mind sharing what you communicated to the writer?  I think we'd be interested.

Also, have you contacted the board and DCI to defend his character?

5 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Character only goes so far, i have seen people get axed for oversights despite them being persons of high character and integrity. Personally, i think you may need to step back on this. Like i said, if i were advising the org, I would remove everyone...i've had to do this in a youth sports program already. 

Thats cool because you will remove the donors too.  If this isn't righted I am done .  

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

true but better safe than sorry.

we keep seeing here so many people heard rumors for so long....so anyone that ever worked in the office, or was on staff or volunteered should wonder...and maybe think about offering up information. because at some point, they could be questioned

YES and for those who have skin in the game so to speak and keep fueling the flames against another better watch ( as I have said ) it doesn't end up in their own backyard. As I have said There were plenty of people there a long time as well as those who spent a hot second. WHAT did they know and are they as guilty for not saying. That goes way farther than the Cadets or their board. 

I am not saying this shouldn't happen and ALL questioned, but what I am saying is I personally have seen a few on social media and heard from many who are lighting the torches,,, until I say well you or another were there for years, did you know because you're pretty guilty also, What would your current corps or school think if they know you knew. Then there is silence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ebo said:

It has already been done!  To follow up with the victim and see if she recalls when Sean took her seriously when he fired the other harassing employee.   They should follow up because a good man's life is being ruined.  

Just because someone does the right thing in one instance doesn’t mean they should be excused if they do the wrong thing in another 

1 minute ago, barigirl78 said:

Would you mind sharing what you communicated to the writer?  I think we'd be interested.

Also, have you contacted the board and DCI to defend his character?

I am spoken too all of them including the reporter.   She should now follow up with what I provided her.  Hopefully she will. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ebo said:

If this isn't righted I am done .  

Cool

3 minutes ago, ebo said:

Thats cool because you will remove the donors too.  If this isn't righted I am done .  

So donors > possible victims

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ebo said:

Awesome. Then you aren't supporting the organization, you're think you're buying influence.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GeekySam said:

the way you worded it did not make it that clear.

And I'm a former YEA! employee and i agree that we didn't see actual physical assaults in the office or know the extent that was going on - but we all knew he was capable, all knew he talked about stuff a professional shouldn't be talking about in the office, and we all are not in the least surprised.  We accepted that dealing with Hopkins being an ### and getting whatever he wanted was part of the job.  last night a coworker and i were talking about how just that - accepting any of his behaviour that would be unacceptable anywhere else - enabled him to continue to think he could do anything he wanted.  there was nothing we saw that we could bring to the police but there was plenty we enabled and that is something we are all going to need to live with - including sean who i also like alot.

Bravely and well put.  

If someone is aware of shenanigans and they are not part of the solution, then they are part of the problem. 

You get it.    

Slay the dragons - all of them, wherever they are found.