The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, camel lips said:

IDK I really haven't followed the Summer Bands closely since 2009 other than peeking in on scores at finals weeks. Haven't been to a show since 2009 or even seen a clip I am so disgusted with the direction of the activity on the field. 

But the scuttlebut on Social Media was at the end of 2016 there was a major upraor about something at The Cadets and GH was scrambling to look for replacements at both Cadets and Cadets2. So it makes one wonder WTF?? 

It’d seem more pure, noble and about the victims if it didn’t come out after their worst placement since Hopkins brought them to prominence. I can’t ignore that but I don’t know. I’m not connected to Cadets or East coast corps so all this was news to me back in January when I heard about the news story but is’ apparent, there has been chatter about it for decades. 

It was interesting to see that the new YEA BoD chairman is Doug Rutherford. I haven’t heard that name in a while... (He was the director at Regiment in 94.) I was fairly neutral towards him but I had some corps mates that weren’t too crazy about him. Regardless, I can’t imagine jumping into this cluster. May the Force be with you, sir.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cowtown said:

It’d seem more pure, noble and about the victims if it didn’t come out after their worst placement since Hopkins brought them to prominence. I can’t ignore that but I don’t know. I’m not connected to Cadets or East coast corps so all this was news to me back in January when I heard about the news story but is’ apparent, there has been chatter about it for decades. 

The women have said they were inspired by the #metoo movement. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ebo said:

Not answering your questions, I saw what they were doing and how they planned this all out.  I have the docs of how they were going to take over the corp and get him out.  No one liked Hop it is true but make no mistake this was all opportunity when they found out about the first victim and then they looked for more. Usually how it works is one comes out and then more speak up.  Not this plan, they got nine to agree and then demanded he be fired suspended pending an investigation or else they would go to the newspaper.  What he did was terrible but why not just come out and report it right from the start?  You guys seem pretty smart and can figure this out yourselves I think.  So they got Hop out, Board out and now what are they going to do with Sean?  Well let's see if we can get someone to just mention something about him the day after no doubt.  What bothers me most is that this lastest victim complained about another sexual harassment and they fired that person but no one thinks that that Sean would report this one and not to mention she said in the paper that she didn't come forward because she was afraid they would fire her but then came forward to Sean???  If she was about to tell Sean then why didn't she go right to the police?  

I edited your post for the sake of accuracy, and because "suspended pending an investigation" is apparently a phrase you need to become more familiar with.

Now, since it is so clear to you how "they" planned this all out, you can tell us who the next YEA! CEO will be.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any reason given for Rich Templin leaving. Man over 40 years since he was yelling me for my marching “skills”.

Did he leave?

I can't keep up

He really had to considering, if only due to his connection through Hoppy and his Daughter. It didn't look good. Another causality  

Let's remember that Sean King, Rich Hammond and Rich Templin were all appointments by the prior BoD, which is now gone.

It stands to reason that each of them would be subject to re-evaluation by the new BoD, and if deemed necessary, replacement.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The women have said they were inspired by the #metoo movement. 

I’ve heard that and I really hope that’s the case. The #metoo movement has been liberating and inspiring for so many, it’s great.

But in the back of my head rings a cynic   

15 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I don't really have any words for this. Extremely sickening and disappointing. I feel like all those "Hop talks" I listened to through the years I marched were all hypocritical.

I feel bad for you as an alum that you have to experience feeling that way, it is understandable.  I think, and hope, that the Phoenix rises out of the ashes with regards to Yea/Cadets- but in a way that no one has to experience what transpired ever again 

Edited by Forevergreen

Just now, Forevergreen said:

I feel bad for you as an alum that have to experience feeling that way, it is understandable.  I think, and hope, that the Phoenix rises out of the ashes with regards to Yea/Cadets- but in a way that no one has to experience what transpired.

But if they do a "phoenix rising out of the ashes" show next season, I'm gonna hurl.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1