The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah second one has a whiskey tango foxtrot to it...... euh

+1 for using phonetics!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

LOL!...oh gawd, yes... Guilty as charged..., drummergirl... lol!...  I looked at it after I typed it and said to myself, what  thehell did I just do with the no paragraphs....... lol! !

You write such beautiful prose...my eyes even get tired just reading it ..haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

+1 for using phonetics!

I work for the Navy so hear it once in a while from the folks in uniform....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

I’m beginning to think the same. Too late in the game to find CEO’s and Directors. Pretty close to move in and we don’t know if the organization is financially responsible to move forward. 

Exactly.  If this had been addressed back in January (when the writing was on the wall for those who cared to read it), they might have had time to stabilize.  But we are what - 5 weeks from move in?  

Refund the $ & let the members march elsewhere.  I wonder where, for example, Pioneer or Jersey Surf would place with a significant infusion of Cadet-level talent?

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Exactly.  If this had been addressed back in January (when the writing was on the wall for those who cared to read it), they might have had time to stabilize.  But we are what - 5 weeks from move in?  

Refund the $ & let the members march elsewhere.  I wonder where, for example, Pioneer or Jersey Surf would place with a significant infusion of Cadet-level talent?

No they need to rock the crap out of this year. WE have no idea what they had in place before this hit the public. Many knew in Jan. it was coming

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Great news, Cadets have regained control of their FB page. 2018 brass playing OHN posted!

https://www.facebook.com/cadets.org/?fref=ts

I had no idea this was a problem...good to hear :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yeah let's punish the current members for what adults have done. It's not the members' fault they're in this predicament.

I understand what you are saying, but life is not fair. 

If GH had kept it in his pants & behaved in a way that youth educators should behave, they wouldn't be in this mess.

51 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

There are also some very reasonable people who admit that they don't want to see DCI take these drastic steps against the Cadets, but they still make legit points that if further allegations come out and more of YEA's time and resources are required to deal with all these legal matters (especially if they involve current staff/admin of the Cadets/YEA who may have known about prior complaints against GH and not responded accordingly to the proper authorities), and the members of the 2018 Cadets are in danger of suffering due to all the chaos and lack of stable leadership around them, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that DCI might be forced to intervene. I don't think that it will come to that, but considering the speed with which these types of things can come out in the media, and how it's been shown in other cases how they can pile up, nobody here really knows what's going to happen if things actually get worse.

Extremely well put. No one wants to see the corps succeed more than I do, but how successful would the tour be if the administrative issues caused full scale problems while the corps was on the road this summer? What kind of experience would that be for the corps? There are too many questions that need to be answered in the next 5 weeks. I hope they can have this sorted out and create a quality experience for their members, but let’s be honest, the hill they havd to climb is pretty darn steep.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I understand what you are saying, but life is not fair. 

And fortunately, life rarely takes the advice of people on internet message boards.