The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Sadly there is some predictable “rooting for the worse” from some very predictable sources

Cadets alumni and massive network of supporters will NOT allow anything but.a stellar experience for the 2018 members, especially because of the horrific actions of some old fart narcissist 

Geroge this surprises me because generally you and I are on the same page. I take offense to you implying that I am “rooting for the worse”. Quite the contrary. The Cadets membership deserves the best, however, it’s difficult to do that when your administration is constantly changing and your organization is under fire, 5-6 weeks prior to spring training. If my child was marching with the Cadets this season, I would be extremely skeptical, especially given the news of the past couple days. Timing is everything, and if this were November I have no doubts they would be Ok. 5 weeks out is a completely different story. 

Edited by Newseditor44

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Personally, if I had a theoretical kid and I was paying for the dues for them to march in the summer, I would’ve pulled them out after hearing this situation.

Well if you keep going on imaginary dates you should probably remember to use virtual protection, as the cost of educating a theoretical kid is a lot of cryptocurrency.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I'm rested.  I'm ready.  Give me a call.  But fair warning:  Under my tutelage we are gonna ramp WAY DOWN on the amps, electronics.  Oh, and, we'll be doing something with NOOOO VOICE, like the entire show.  

You’re Fiiiiirrrrreeedddddddddd lol

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

No they need to rock the crap out of this year. WE have no idea what they had in place before this hit the public. Many knew in Jan. it was coming

I have no doubt that the members have the talent & drive to perform an amazing show.  That is not the issue  - the question is "Is the organization stable enough ($, leadership, logistics) to take 150 people California in 8 weeks?  This is  what I assume (dangerous) DCI will be looking at.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I wonder if there will be an option for members to back out if they wish with a refund of fees? Though then again, I doubt this kind of thing is covered in the contract they sign so a refund would be impractical. 

Personally, if I had a theoretical kid and I was paying for the dues for them to march in the summer, I would’ve pulled them out after hearing this situation. Too much instability and uncertainty. (not that I would’ve really let them march in a corps directed by Hopkins in the first place but I digress)

I’m sure they’d allow it

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I have no doubt that the members have the talent & drive to perform an amazing show.  That is not the issue  - the question is "Is the organization stable enough ($, leadership, logistics) to take 150 people California in 8 weeks?  This is  what I assume (dangerous) DCI will be looking at.  

I'm sure with all eyes on them they will do exactly what they need to.

They need to rock this season

• Like 1

There have been a number of posts in this thread about Cadets having undergone substantial personnel changes after 2016.

That was also the Clash of the Corps season.

Lordy, I hope there are tapes?

10 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

I can’t help but wonder if these latest allegations and the suspension of Sean King pushes DCI closer to suspending the corps for the season. I’ve been an advocate for allowing them to march this season, but slowly changing my mind. Just when you think this story can’t get any worse, it does. 

Thoughts?

Exact opposite.  Failing to suspend Sean King pending investigation would have put the corps closer to incurring further actions from DCI.

• Like 5

Ok woke up to find nothing new here so far today

• Like 5