The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Sadly most of the drama ive seen is alumni 

And donors....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigW said:

Too early. Headed to Baltimore to check on my 1879 E Flat Tuba Restoration project today. Very excited to see where the project is right now. The only down side is the blank check I'm taking with me. :happy:

Safe travels.... wave as you go by!!!   LOL

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

From everything I've been reading ,there does seem to be at least the possibility that the Cadets and/or the Cadets2 may have to cancel their 2018 tours.

Why?

24 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This place sometimes sounds like an echo chamber.

I will say this the nicest I can. What you see as vindictive from others...I see as genuine concern for the members of the Cadets sans perhaps one or two posters.  Whether the show goes on or not should be the least of all our concerns. It is not for me to decide though the best course of action for the organization to take.  I care not only for the victims, but also the SAFETY of the current members...It just seems to me there is still quite a bit of instability that leaves this an open question...yes the perpetrator is gone but there is more to this equation than just that...

And that's for them to handle, which it seems they're doing. Just because someone THINKS something should happen doesn't mean they're right. They have taken action so it's not like they're sitting on their hands now. Some people here just want the maximum punishment even at the expense of the members. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Sadly most of the drama ive seen is alumni 

5 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

And donors....

and people on DCP with theoretical kids that would never tell the victims what to do but have no problem telling parents what they should do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MikeM said:

I don't think anyone here WANTS that to happen.  We're all aware of the effects that will have on everyone involved.  That said, if DCI decrees it, it will happen, fair or not.

We are not the arbiters of what will happen to the corps so that statement is inconsequential. That's something we already know. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MikeM said:

I don't think anyone here WANTS that to happen.  We're all aware of the effects that will have on everyone involved.  That said, if DCI decrees it, it will happen, fair or not.

There are some posters here (and elsewhere) who are writing that THEY think the Cadets should or may have to shut down their season, which is what he is talking about. Not that DCI might decree it...that is a given as a possibility, but the posters own POV is that it should or may happen regardless of DCI.  

I can certainly see where he is coming from with his opinion.

Jeff is right though, about a lot of drama coming from Cadet alumni, esp on other social media areas. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ok woke up to find nothing new here so far today

It's good to have a quiet day.  Hopefully more coming.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ok woke up to find nothing new here so far today

Nope.  Still the same judgmental types throwing insults at people they don’t know or have any insight into their experiences.  Reminds me of some that I’ve have the misfortune to sit by at shows.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

From everything I've been reading ,there does seem to be at least the possibility that the Cadets and/or the Cadets2 may have to cancel their 2018 tours.

I would imagine that in the case of Cadets, that depends a number of factors. My guess is that legal counsel is advising DCI on many of these matters, so that would be hard to predict.

i do not foresee the directors getting together and suspending Cadets. Some could find similar accusations being made by alumni of their corps, especially those with longer histories who may not know of things that happened years ago.

The financial piece could be critical. Rumors of Cadets shaky finances were, up until last week, more rampant than the current situation, and an ambitious West Coast tour coupled with financial problems could spell disaster. 

As we debate all of this, we need to also keep in mind 150 plus marching members, instructors who count on Cadets for at least some of their livelihood, and others who depend on a 2018 season. It seems to me that with some posts we are veering away from the accusers and marching members and more toward past heated rivalries.

• Like 1