The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

From everything I've been reading ,there does seem to be at least the possibility that the Cadets and/or the Cadets2 may have to cancel their 2018 tours.

If that's the case,how do they handle their home shows?

The corps and venues are all booked.

I would think that YEA could still hold the shows,just absent the home corps.

Kind of like what Clifton was going to be.

I have no idea how you're getting this information.  Personally, I think there is NO POSSIBILITY of this occurring.  None whatsoever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

From everything I've been reading ,there does seem to be at least the possibility that the Cadets and/or the Cadets2 may have to cancel their 2018 tours.

Extremely doubtful, especially C2.  GH really didn't have much to do with them anyway.

I think the chances would have been more if this all went down between August-December, but now, with DCI putting out several statement and Dan stepping in with the BoD, highly unlikely.

39 minutes ago, Eleran said:

and people on DCP with theoretical kids that would never tell the victims what to do but have no problem telling parents what they should do.

Parents can do what they choose. As a parent I tend to let the adults in charge make decisions unless it looks dangerous or unsafe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

There are some posters here (and elsewhere) who are writing that THEY think the Cadets should or may have to shut down their season, which is what he is talking about. Not that DCI might decree it...that is a given as a possibility, but the posters own POV is that it should or may happen regardless of DCI.  

I can certainly see where he is coming from with his opinion.

Jeff is right though, about a lot of drama coming from Cadet alumni, esp on other social media areas. 

Well said, Mike.

It's pretty obvious DCI is now keeping YEA on a short leash... as it should be.  But to me, it's also pretty obvious that the new YEA board is doing what it needs to do to right the ship. Again, as it should be.

Nobody knows for sure if there are any "hidden goodies" to be found with the YEA finances, or if any civil lawsuits will be filed against the organization, or whatever. All of that is pure speculation, IMO.

But... as of right now, it certainly seems that the organization in on track to put both Cadets corps on the field this summer, and then move on from there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I find there to be an overwhelming vibe of support for both corps. I see people want the guilty to fry, people considered collateral damage to come out unscathed if truly innocent, and both corps to kick ###. 

Sadly most of the drama ive seen is alumni 

Alumni often the drama, and not just at Cadets. Don't get me wrong alumni can be a vital part of a corps BUT can also think they are the keepers of the Holy Grail and almost ALWAYS think they know a better way. Lets always keep in mind with many of the alumni I personally know many were the ones kissing GH butt for a long time while he was saving the corps. As soon as GH was finished using them ( very predictable ) he abused or dismissed them into history. So the vendettas are there.

No defense of GH here BUT there is a real reality to what I just said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

and people on DCP with theoretical kids that would never tell the victims what to do but have no problem telling parents what they should do.

If you are comfortable with everything, support you kid, support your corps and forget the noise. It's drum corps, there will be noise about something else, or some other corps next week. it's like the Washington news lately, wait an hour and there will be more kra kra to talk about in an hour.

Not making light of the subject  at all here and the guilty should suffer and victims try to heal.

6 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Alumni often the drama, and not just at Cadets. Don't get me wrong alumni can be a vital part of a corps BUT can also think they are the keepers of the Holy Grail and almost ALWAYS think they know a better way. Lets always keep in mind with many of the alumni I personally know many were the ones kissing GH butt for a long time while he was saving the corps. As soon as GH was finished using them ( very predictable ) he abused or dismissed them into history. So the vendettas are there.

No defense of GH here BUT there is a real reality to what I just said.

Oh I agree. A true love hate relationship 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I have no idea how you're getting this information.  Personally, I think there is NO POSSIBILITY of this occurring.  None whatsoever.

I'm getting this information from comments made  on this site and others.

Unless I'm misreading :

1.DCI has placed The Cadets on probation, and has the authority to suspend the corps for the season.

2.There have  been concerns about the financial stability of the organization,before the GH story broke.

I can't see this situation improving their finances.

3.If accusations against YEA ,like what happened to Mr. King,continue,it may be tough to maintain any sense of stability in YEA.

So ,there does seem to be the  possibility, that the  Cadets and/or Cadets2  may not tour.

My post  only asked what happens to their home shows,if they don't .

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

But... as of right now, it certainly seems that the organization in on track to put both Cadets corps on the field this summer, and then move on from there.

Agreed, it certainly does seem that way.

But at the same time, this is still a very volatile and unpredictable situation we're looking at, a completely unprecedented event in the activity in terms of the public scale and speed with which information has come to the surface. Let's hope no more dominos fall in the coming days or weeks. That's the thing that should concern people going forward. It's like plugging cracks in a leaking dam with your finger. If more cracks suddenly appear, especially with move-in just a few weeks away, they may be left with no alternative. I would really really hate to see it come to that, but can anyone here honestly say they'd be surprised if more people come forward and things actually get worse? After all that's happened in such short a time? I really don't envy anyone at YEA (or DCI) right now. I'm sure they're all busting their butts to ensure that matters are taken care of properly and a successful tour goes ahead as planned. I just hope the waters around them remain calm and steady as they do so. These things often take on a life of their own. It's bigger than drum corps, bigger than the Cadets, and definitely bigger than a summer tour.