The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

What financial failures?  What am I missing, or is this rumor and conjecture?  

If they did not have the money, DCI wouldn't have hesitated to tell them they had to take a year off.  I know they have to submit financial information for YEA! to DCI, but I'm sure they already have the preliminary 2018 tour budget.

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I have no idea where these "shaky finances" crap is coming from. They've literally just bought a $100K trailer for the sowing ladies [...]

Ah, but if they didn't also buy a $100K trailer for the reaping ladies, how solid can those finances be?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

YEA BoD CHMN says an independent firm has been hired to investigate the allegation SUS CEO King did not report alleged Hopkins harassment claim AND the organization as a whole. @69News #cadets #drumcorps

Sounds like 69News channel has upped the number to 13 with more to come.

14 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Then the 2nd shoe to drop was Sean King's suspension, and  the Corps Director at Cadets2 sudden resignation. And all this was AFTER DCI released their laundry list of time sensitive things that the Cadets are required to. do under the probation terms. 

The probationary terms were expected and part of the new YEA board plan. As for the departure of the C2 director, that was also a planned event so not "sudden." Once the new directors are announced, which should be soon, things will become clearer.

2 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

What financial failures?  What am I missing, or is this rumor and conjecture?  

If they did not have the money, DCI wouldn't have hesitated to tell them they had to take a year off.  I know they have to submit financial information for YEA! to DCI, but I'm sure they already have the preliminary 2018 tour budget.

If I'm correct,and if I'm not,I'm sure someone will point it out,501(c)3 organizations like YEA are required,upon request ,to provide their 3 most recent 990 forms.

I don't know how detailed these documents are,but that should give some indication  of the YEA's financial stability,

I would also be surprised,if this is in fact public information,the Inquirer or some other media entity isn't going to request it.

3 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

If I'm correct,and if I'm not,I'm sure someone will point it out,501(c)3 organizations like YEA are required,upon request ,to provide their 3 most recent 990 forms.

I don't know how detailed these documents are,but that should give some indication  of the YEA's financial stability,

I would also be surprised,if this is in fact public information,the Inquirer or some other media entity isn't going to request it.

Isn't that all available on the internet?  I'm not sure if it's required by law or a company out there does it, but I know others have seen their 990's.

56 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

There's a ton of nonsense in this thread. I have no idea where these "shaky finances" crap is coming from. They've literally just bought a $100K trailer for the sowing ladies and over last winter outfitted an entire new top-notch kitchen trailer. These aren't "broke" type of moves. The corps is FINE financially from the perspective of Cadets. They've never been flush with cash - due to their situation and IMO weak business management aka Hopkins. So compared to BD they are "shaky" but they will be fine and I'm hopeful they will pay down debt and build an emergency fund moving forward.

I'd imagine once they lock down other details on positions the corps will launch it's 2018 M&G Campaign and my prediction is it will raise FAR more money than ever. 

They are not broke and they will fully fund and complete both tours. Constantly posting the possibility of otherwise by a (very) few people in this thread is just ridiculous and frankly could be damaging. The Cadets are FINE. It's a few of the adults (Hopkins & BOD, couple others) that have rightly been excised from the organization. Now lets support the actual grown ups as they take over, do their best and GET UP AND WORK HARD. Which is what "Cadets" do.

I want this to be true but financial stability and YEA haven’t often been synonymous and there’s a long list of creditors burned 

3 hours ago, Kyle B said:

And donors....

Allegedly. That little sparkler appeared out of the blue here yesterday, burned bright for a couple hours, then disappeared. I find it very hard to believe a thing he said. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

Isn't that all available on the internet?  I'm not sure if it's required by law or a company out there does it, but I know others have seen their 990's.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/222052456/201723189349305587/IRS990

I'm not a lawyer, but it looks like their net assets are around 400k with 500k of that being equipment.