The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

26 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

What financial failures?  What am I missing, or is this rumor and conjecture?  

If they did not have the money, DCI wouldn't have hesitated to tell them they had to take a year off.  I know they have to submit financial information for YEA! to DCI, but I'm sure they already have the preliminary 2018 tour budget.

As I understand it, the Cadets have never undergone the type of evaluation that DCI requires for new and advancing corps.  This will be the first time they look "under the hood" to assess the health of the organization.

"The sowing ladies"... George D. you sexist dinosaur I love you!  Also - are there reaping ladies?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I want this to be true but financial stability and YEA haven’t often been synonymous and there’s a long list of creditors burned 

My point being Jeff they have plenty of cash flow for this summer. The long term picture needs work. Hopkins history Witt cash is a story yet to be told 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

"The sowing ladies"... George D. you sexist dinosaur I love you!  Also - are there reaping ladies?

Sewing lol 

10 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

As I understand it, the Cadets have never undergone the type of evaluation that DCI requires for new and advancing corps.  This will be the first time they look "under the hood" to assess the health of the organization.

Same could be said about all the long term member corps. What else ya got?

DCI will not only look at Cadets but also will want to see the books for US bands, Cadets 2, and his Dance Program. This is to ensure none of the other programs will not be hurting Cadets in the future. All programs must have a solid business plan, a 3 and 5 year growth plan and a solid plan to relieve the debt all programs may have.

Hopefully all books are current and the new board isn't scrambling for info on any of the other organizations under YEA.

I truly wish them the best of luck.

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

A bit of concern after you posted that the corps has debt, and no emergency fund.  Your attempts to reassure are backfiring.  But that does not dampen my hopes for a successful 2018 and future for the corps (plural).

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Those other corps aren't currently the subject of this type of scandalous high-profile investigation. Nor did their boards of directors just resign en masse, which would ordinarily demand a complete financial audit as well. As unfortunate as it may be, the Cadets and YEA are in no position to be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to exactly what's "under the hood." Not now. And I don't know what you're standard is for making declarations that "all is well" with their current financial situation, or their ability to get both corps through the summer in good shape (not to mention having the resources to make sure the band circuit is set to go in September), but any organization doing the investigating will probably have a higher standard. As they should.

I hope they do pass whatever examination of their books winds up happening. I truly do.