The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I can messaged you the unredacted version.  

Sure.

But if the article wants to put so much stock into Stuart's rumors which at least 1/2 turned out to be true, then they should be willing to tell it's readers it will investigate if the other individual is also guilty.

He also doesn't say that GH was having sex with underage members, thus wouldn't be breaking any laws.  If DCI didn't have any jurisdiction over the matter, the only thing Dan could have done after interviewing the victims would be contact YEA's BoD since there is no way he would have simply contacted them based on hearsay. 

4 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I think the PRIORITIES here are to bring alleged crimes to light, and to prevent them from ever happening again.

I also think it's possible to discuss the victims, and have concurrent conversations about the success of Cadets 2018.

Nothing "tone-deaf" about it.

With his logic, the government should shut down, Hollywood should stop making movies and TV shows, people should stop playing and watching sports, public transportation should no longer transport the public, and politicians should stop running for office. God this site is so annoying sometimes. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm pretty sure that GH would say that Dan A doesn't produce anything of value, not design or art, not gate receipts, and not teaching young minds.  

I'm also pretty sure that GH would claim it is exactly how it should be.

Maybe... but my guess is their 990 has larger revenue and even with the own financial issues DCI is probably far more stable than YEA. I may have to take a look!

And there it is... $10.9 Million for DCI to $5.4 million for YEA. Clearly DCI creates $5.5 million more in value than GH

Edited by MusicManNJ

48 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

I have never looked at YEA's books so I have no idea how its finances look.  Several years ago when c2 was new, someone that I knew was marching with them. In July he sent out an appeal that the corps needed a couple thousand dollars  to get them to DCA finals. I sent $25 to the corps since I thought c2 was a worthy cause and since it was only a year or 2 old a few thousand in late expenses made sense. Then  for the next 2 years every month during the summer I got an email from YEA saying they needed 5k  in July to make sure the new uniforms were ready in time for finals, or 5 people to sponsor meals for finals next week.  All the thing were 5k or less so it didn't make a big alarm like corps who need 100k in the middle of the summer would.   I don't know if they just had a horrible plan and needed funds for basic things every July and August or if it was just a tactic that worked  creating an emergency to raise some extra funds. Based on those requests you would have thought that every July they didn't have 2 dimes to rub together.     Now years later I think that was just a fundraising tactic. Hopefully when the books are reviewed we will know what the actual financial status of the corps are.

The big problem was DCA had a deal with the host city that they had to fill so many hotel rooms. It was part of the contract. George didn’t want to do that and made a huge stink. He cast the corps as the victims but that’s the deal DCA corps had to honor. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

One quote from the new article that I have not seen anyone mention yet, that I found of some relief:

This week, before the old forum posts surfaced, Acheson said that review was nearly complete and had not uncovered anything that would call for a deeper investigation.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Given his run-ins with Hop on RAMD he was probably ignored 

I was chatting with some other RAMD regulars a few days ago regarding this. Former symposium participants. They left RAMD by that time, as had I. They said the exact same thing.

Given Stu's unhinged nature, especially historically directed at DCI and YEA, why would they have listened? "Sure stu. Send the victim our way. Thanks for the call."

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I was chatting with some other RAMD regulars a few days ago regarding this. Former symposium participants. They left RAMD by that time, as had I. They said the exact same thing.

Given Stu's unhinged nature, especially historically directed at DCI and YEA, why would they have listened? "Sure stu. Send the victim our way. Thanks for the call."

I was long gone by then. 

• Like 2

Why do more than 15,000 friends still follow GH's Facebook page?  Why did GH stop regularly posting on April 3?  Why did he move out of his former apartment to new digs at the end of March?  Why are his new digs just one block away from the YEA offices?

Why am I visiting GH's Facebook page daily since Thursday, April 5?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Why do more than 15,000 friends still follow GH's Facebook page?  Why did GH stop regularly posting on April 3?  Why did he move out of his former apartment to new digs at the end of March?  Why are his new digs just one block away from the YEA offices?

Why am I visiting GH's Facebook page daily since Thursday, April 5?

They probably forgot they were following him.  Notice any changes since 4/5?