The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Well I'm glad we cleared that rumor if its out there on the internet. Fortunately for DCP, anyway, near as I can tell, nobody has said, nor suggested that here on DCP. either. My guess, Dan A, gets as good  a salary (  one of the highest perhaps in all of Drum Corps at the moment ), but if we asked Dan A., I don't think he'd tell us that he's interested in running a DCI Drum Corps, nor YEA,.... lol.. And we can be pretty  certain that when he signed up for his gig as Executive Director of DCI that he did not have as his duties to take on any member Corps future reclamation project either. So if anyone on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc is saying that DCI is " in control of the Cadets " or intends in the future to  be in " control of the Cadets : its just ridiculous. The Cadets are on " Probation " with DCI, not in " Receivership " with DCI..... LOL !!

The sardonic wit of this post makes me doubt that you actually believe what you posted.

1 hour ago, ebo said:

What they did was updated the original story and changed what she said.  You would have to be following it very closely to catch the change and know she changed what she originally said. This happened in 2008, Sean and her had a good working relationship. I think what it proves is that she now admits that Sean never saw the texts or emails so if it was addressed to him in a serious matter you could only assume that she would have showed him to convince him of the seriousness of her being uncomfortable.  She admits she didn't show him when before she did.   The fact that she recanted that he saw the emails and texts is in my opinion proof that Sean does not remember her ever coming to him.  

Great journalism. Not. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

You’re making the mistake of assuming the old BOD was making decisions and overseeing Hopkins in a real way. Not sure that was the case. 

We don’t really know if Cadets were left in a good financial position or not, so I believe the reviews underway now are valuable 

No doubt. You're right. I'm just thinking out loud. 

6 hours ago, garfield said:

Has anyone given you information that makes you believe debt-reduction should be a prime focus to right the Cadets' financial ship?

I don't know about the Cadets and YEA... but debt reduction needs to be a prime focus to right my financial ship, which has been taking on water for too long now. LOL

Away all boats.  :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

More interesting than the financials are the testimonials of those who survived what sounds like the worst boss ever.  

LOL.... I hear that, Terri.

Reading those Glassdoor reviews... I think living out of a shopping cart under an overpass would have been preferable to working there.  :8_laughing:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

When did the updated story air?

Friday Morning 

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have to agree.  I went back and reread the article and it has been changed.  

Just a few thoughts...you have to be absolutely truthful when making these claims.  No embellishments whatsoever.  It gives skeptics the opportunity to question your credibility.  The absolute truth is always the best option.  

Agree. Post a correction. Don’t update the article stealthily 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

I did not see any new updates.  Which outlet updated it?

It was an updated story Allentown News 69. They updated it to her quoat as saying she didn't show him the emails or texts that Hopkins was sending her.  So in fact he never saw it nor did she share it with him.