The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Why do you think a law firm though?  Just asking...not inferring anything

Standard practice for this type of oversight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Deal with all the legal issues perhaps. Our church had an adult who worked with teenagers and was over huggy with the females. He got told to stop and threatened to sue council for defamation of character. Still waiting for my summons 20 years later. (How was the meeting? Great, I'm getting my ### sued) 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

On her article about Stu Rice in the comments others posted links to some of his other work related including one with a homophobic rant video about Hopkins

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

'Hard to say. Don't see anything unusual with it at the moment though.

• Thanks 2

Just now, footform said:

That is the one from last week, so (fortunately?) not a fresh piece.

I was going to say "old news"..but didn't want to respond to the person I shall not mention...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

wow - that's so not what happened with Legends. 

and I'm pretty sure Raiders went through the evaluation for different reasons than a "new board" - but hey, whatever.

I love the "they should have paid the price" -- who exactly should have "paid the price" - the 2017 Legends members?

Anyway - back to YEA! - I believe the external reviews by DCI are highly warranted and it's likely helpful to get a third-party perspective as well during all this. Also DCI's "blessing" (should one be forthcoming) will add further confidence to the organization by the public, fans, donors and most importantly - members, staff & volunteers. This is a GOOD thing.

Yes, Raiders also had financial issues in the past. All taken care of and heading in a totally new direction now.

Unfortunately, the members are ALWAYS the ones who pay for poor decisions made by Admins and Boards.
You dont have to look too far back in DCI history to see corps folding on tour. Unfortunately the DC Community did not reach out and help them. I seem to remember a lot of ridicule towards them.

I feel sorry for the members in Cadets, and only the members. Hopefully YEA passes the eval, that WOULD be a good thing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Standard practice for this type of oversight.

There seem to be  2 separate issues YEA has to deal with.

First is GH and any/all  legal issues.

The Chicago law firm would deal with that.

Second is YEA's financing.

I would think that would include an  audit by an accounting firm.

Edited by rpbobcat